Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi my name is Marie and I am new to group. I am currently 1week and four days into my 1 month preop liquid diet and the struggle is real. I don't feel hungry .I just want to eat some food. I am counting the days down until my September 16th surgery date. I am anxious excited nervous and scared somewhat, After talking with my sister today ( who has had the surgery years ago) she is the one I thought would be the most supportive. She has me thinking that I shouldn't be so excited about my preop appointment and my upcoming surgery. I am almost second guessing myself, more nervous about the process ..I do understand this is a major surgery and maybe that's what she thought I wasn't taking it seriously... looking for any advice or support ????

Hi Marie! Hang in there. If you have done your research and ready to make this change and have surgery, then just focus on that. It is nice that your sister is showing concern for you, but it is counterproductive. Do what you think is best for yourself. I am fortunate to have a co-worker who went through this who is super supportive. She did hers about 2-3 years ago. Her husband is having surgery the same day as me. My husband is TRYING to be supportive, but he doesn't want me to do it. I say "too bad". My body, my life. I want to take back my health before I have anymore weight related complications. Hang in there!

thank you momof3_angels for the great advice. I am happy to say that she called me just hours ago to inform me that she thought maybe worded what she was trying to convey wrongly and that I maybe misunderstood her so she is back on board and her and I are good she only wanted me to truly understand that its not a quick fix and that its a major surgery and you cant undo it once its done. She herself has many regrets but I on the other hand believe I am doing the right thing for myself over all. I have done my research and do understand the pros and cons to having surgery I am ready to make this change cause I am ready to take back my life!!!!

Glad you and your sister had a chance to talk again and is being more supportive! I can totally relate in wanting to take back my life!

@Rays of Sunshine, it makes me happy that your sister called to clarify. Support from family is so so important for us, more so during our recovery. It's important to have someone supportive by our side! Good luck on your pre-op diet as well. It may seem hard to get through, but you will look back at the struggle and realize how resilient you were.

@ubiquity thank you so much for your support it is much apricated

We were all excited, then nervous as the day approached. I've had a few days of regret during the stall, but for the most part, I've enjoyed the journey and weight loss. I'm only one month out and already have some small victories, knees hurt less, both feet fit on the scale, and I can cross my legs when I sit. Oh, my jeans are giving a sigh of relief as I was putting way too much in that small space. I'm just enjoying the journey and look forward to finding the new me.

@Sandra Nuelken thank you for the encouragement is reassuring I do look forward to the future of taking my life back congratulations on your victories and sharing them with me