Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am on my first day of the pre op diet. I am so proud of myself, I haven't cheated and I've wanted to multiple times. I know as the 2 weeks move along may get a little more difficult but hopefully I'll adjust. Anyone else with surgery date 8/28/2019. I have about 150 pounds to lose! Any advice or tips would be welcomed.

Sent from my SM-J737T using BariatricPal mobile app

the first couple of days were the worst for me. Once your body goes into ketosis, it's not as bad.

I am on my first day of the pre op diet. I am so proud of myself, I haven't cheated and I've wanted to multiple times. I know as the 2 weeks move along may get a little more difficult but hopefully I'll adjust. Anyone else with surgery date 8/28/2019. I have about 150 pounds to lose! Any advice or tips would be welcomed.
Sent from my SM-J737T using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi ,
I'm on my first pre op day and scared as hell weather I'll manage this .
My surgery is planned for 30.8.
I'm just two days behind you [emoji847]
I have a feeling that beginning won't be hard - first few days - but later on it will get difficult
Hopefully we will be successfull on this pre op journey

Sent from my SM-J500FN using BariatricPal mobile app

I agree with @catwoman7--the first days are the worst! Hang in there. Stay busy and drink busloads of Water, decaff black coffee, decaff green tea and your Protein Drinks. Also sugar free popsicles and a sf Jello per day. :)

I agree with [mention=257598]catwoman7[/mention]--the first days are the worst! Hang in there. Stay busy and drink busloads of Water, decaff black coffee, decaff green tea and your Protein Drinks. Also sugar free popsicles and a sf Jello per day. [emoji4]
It is not so bad , at least it wasn't today .
I'm allowed to drink Soups and Protein Shakes - but must keep my calorie intake to 1200 .
Right now I'm bothered by headache but I guess it is normal untill my body gets used to this
I will start taking Biotin and some good Vitamin and mineral combo tomorow just to keep my immune system in check
I even walked a few hours with my girl
We went in parks and she had fun
Hopefully tomorrow will be a success like today [emoji2]

1 minute ago, Selena_Sarajevo said:

It is not so bad , at least it wasn't today .
I'm allowed to drink Soups and Protein Shakes - but must keep my calorie intake to 1200 .
Right now I'm bothered by headache but I guess it is normal untill my body gets used to this
I will start taking Biotin and some good Vitamin and mineral combo tomorow just to keep my immune system in check
I even walked a few hours with my girl
We went in parks and she had fun
Hopefully tomorrow will be a success like today

The headache might be from carb withdrawal. I think i had one for the first couple of days

The headache might be from carb withdrawal. I think i had one for the first couple of days
Yes , you are right
I have noticed it is normal in first days cause it is a huge difference in calorie intake and in makros it self .
But overall I'm holding quite well
Had no crisis so far or need to eat more than this
I'm struggling with Water ..
It is so hard to drink enough .
Thanks [emoji8]

I begin my pre op diet next Thursday. This is all great information. Thanks so much for sharing. Is anyone allowed to have greek yogurt?