Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anthem BCBS Approval Time



Recommended Posts

Hello All,

I work at Wells Fargo and have Anthem BCBS with them. I am in process to complete my 6 month diet requirement for surgery in the middle of December! My doctor said if they get my approval back within 5 business days they can get me in before year end. This makes a big difference in paying $1k then to $5k in January.

Anyone who works with Wells with this insurance, I just want to know approval timeframe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have Anthem BCBS too. Your doc is right. They have a quick turnaround. However, my doctor's office did not send the referral to Anthem the day I finished my 6 months requirement. My doctor's office probably took 10 days to complete the paperwork on their end and forward to Anthem. Hope this helps. And hood good luck!! Hoping it all falls onto place for you.

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Briswife15 said:

I have Anthem BCBS too. Your doc is right. They have a quick turnaround. However, my doctor's office did not send the referral to Anthem the day I finished my 6 months requirement. My doctor's office probably took 10 days to complete the paperwork on their end and forward to Anthem. Hope this helps. And hood good luck!! Hoping it all falls onto place for you.

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank you so much for that!! They want to get me in and they have already told the administration person to have everything ready to submit the day I complete! 🤞🏻🤞🏻 If they approve quick I only have 14 days remaining after I complete to get approval and a scheduled surgery!! 😳😳

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow! Booked up til 2020 in July? That’s crazy your surgeon is a busy guy! Good luck!!! We are UHS not BCBS but our approval took right at a week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Mom_of_Chaos said:

Wow! Booked up til 2020 in July? That’s crazy your surgeon is a busy guy! Good luck!!! We are UHS not BCBS but our approval took right at a week.

He isn’t booked until then! Didn’t mean it to sound like that! He wants to get me into sugary before year end so I don’t have to pay that much!! So hopefully they give approval quick!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was prepared to have a long wait, and I have anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield as well. I found out within 48 hours that I was approved. My doctors office was on top of everything and let me know as soon as they found out I was approved. I was approved three days before my scheduled surgery, because they scheduled me very soon after my final nutrition appointment. So once I had everything all set, they submitted everything

Edited by ZGal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ZGal said:

I was prepared to have a long wait, and I have anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield as well. I found out within 48 hours that I was approved. My doctors office was on top of everything and let me know as soon as they found out I was approved. I was approved three days before my scheduled surgery, because they scheduled me very soon after my final nutrition appointment. So once I had everything all set, they submitted everything

That is very good to hear! My doctor already told the admin to have everything ready to submit after my last visit. My last visit is going to be December 5th. So that only gives me 16 business days before the end of the year to get approved and surgery 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤷🏼‍♀️ Having my fingers crossed the whole time!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, smb123 said:

That is very good to hear! My doctor already told the admin to have everything ready to submit after my last visit. My last visit is going to be December 5th. So that only gives me 16 business days before the end of the year to get approved and surgery 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤷🏼‍♀️ Having my fingers crossed the whole time!

If your dr’s office is on top of it- you’ll be fine! I even spoke with my dr to ask “what if I don’t get approved?” And he didn’t feel I would have any issue because BcBS is common (it wasn’t like I had a more obscure insurance, ya know?); and he was right! No issue! I do know the stress you’re feeling though- I went through the same feelings!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My request was sent to Anthem on 7/25 and my approval was received on Friday 8/9. I actually think it came in the day before, based on the fact that my surgeon’s office called early in the day.
Best of luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello All,
I work at Wells Fargo and have Anthem BCBS with them. I am in process to complete my 6 month diet requirement for surgery in the middle of December! My doctor said if they get my approval back within 5 business days they can get me in before year end. This makes a big difference in paying $1k then to $5k in January.
Anyone who works with Wells with this insurance, I just want to know approval timeframe?

Hi smb123,
I work with WF as well! I just finished my 7 month diet. My surgeons office stated that BCBS wouldn't recognize the first month as my starting month so therefore I had to complete 7 mo and not 6! Eventhough when I called BCBS I was told only 6 months was required. I just went with it, because I didn't want to go back and forth with the coordinator. Needless to say my info was submitted on this week Monday!!!! So now it's the waiting game! I will keep you posted. Good luck to you!


V4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi smb123,
I work with WF as well! I just finished my 7 month diet. My surgeons office stated that BCBS wouldn't recognize the first month as my starting month so therefore I had to complete 7 mo and not 6! Eventhough when I called BCBS I was told only 6 months was required. I just went with it, because I didn't want to go back and forth with the coordinator. Needless to say my info was submitted on this week Monday!!!! So now it's the waiting game! I will keep you posted. Good luck to you!


V4

I was approved today, it only took 5 days!

V4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Recent Status Updates

    • boot44

      ON MARCH 9 I WILL HAVE COMPLETE ALL MY REQUIREMENTBEFORE SURGURY CAN BE SCHEDULED. BUT I AM GETTING COLD FEET.  I AM 61 YEARS OLD AND I AM JUST AFRAID BECAUSE OF WHAT PEOPLE WILL SAY. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • GreenTealael

      @summerset
      💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜
      🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀
      🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
      ❤❤SAFE SURGERY & SPEEDY RECOVERY❤❤
      🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
      🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀
      💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Darbs4Mayor

      Met with my surgeon yesterday and he said that he is so excited for me and the progress that will be made! Waiting for insurance pre-auth and then will get everything scheduled! 
       
      So excited to start this journey and become a new person!! 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Krestel

      New found appreciation for you all!
      So Im back in the US to take care of my aging father and it seems like more than ever that being bigger is the norm everywhere here. I cant say that Ive been the best, healthiest me at the moment, but I think you all Americans are doing GREAT to even be working towards the goal of getting healthier in face of all this temptation (even if you are a "slow loser"). So give all yourselves a pat on the back!
      · 1 reply
      1. FluffyChix

        Yep. Temptation around every corner!

    • zombierayvinn

      I am now 10 days post op and I am down 16lbs. I had an allergic reaction to the glue my doctor used so I am still sore and trying to keep moving to not get stiff. 
      · 2 replies
      1. Tory Myers

        Hello congratulations on your new journey I am 5 days post op and still trying to get the hang of things. I’m supposed to return back to work in a few days but still sore as well. Do you have any advice for me being 5 days post opt?

      2. zombierayvinn

        I am 14 days out and still sore. Just walk and walk is what I can say helps me

  • Trending Topics

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×