Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Medical Records...?!@:)-

:paranoid:paranoid:rain:

OK....has anyone gone thru this?

I have been doing my research...I am still in the beginning process of this ordeal. To make a long story short I am starting over tommorrow I am going to the required WLS seminar.

In the meantime...I have been calling all the doctors I have been seen by within the last 10 years....

I am trying to gather as much weight history as possible...

anywho...

I made a list and call all of them last week.

All but 1 I had to leave messages.

The 1 I was informed of a fee for records...I paid $11.23 and receive the records in the mail 2 days later..life was great...

I did not even get a call back from the rest...so Monday I decided to type up a letter and make the request written ...so I faxed to all doctors on Monday...I got a call from another one no fee will be faxing I should receive in next couple of days...

But this morning ...got a call from a gynecologist who wants almost $40.00....say what!!!the crapp.....

wuuusssaaaa!!!

I said that is bananas.....

I explained the situation...she said would call me back.....

I refuse to have to pay that much...

I understand the fee process..but that amount is ludacris to me!

Anyone else go thru this?:help:

I believe you have BCBS. I was told that they didn't require a weight loss history - just documentation from your PCP that you have been o/w for a while. You might wait until you get instructions from the doctor's office. You could call them or the insurance company. It might save you some time and stress. I didn't need any documentation on prior weight loss.

:paranoid:paranoid:rain:

OK....has anyone gone thru this?

I have been doing my research...I am still in the beginning process of this ordeal. To make a long story short I am starting over tommorrow I am going to the required WLS seminar.

In the meantime...I have been calling all the doctors I have been seen by within the last 10 years....

I am trying to gather as much weight history as possible...

anywho...

I made a list and call all of them last week.

All but 1 I had to leave messages.

The 1 I was informed of a fee for records...I paid $11.23 and receive the records in the mail 2 days later..life was great...

I did not even get a call back from the rest...so Monday I decided to type up a letter and make the request written ...so I faxed to all doctors on Monday...I got a call from another one no fee will be faxing I should receive in next couple of days...

But this morning ...got a call from a gynecologist who wants almost $40.00....say what!!!the crapp.....

wuuusssaaaa!!!

I said that is bananas.....

I explained the situation...she said would call me back.....

I refuse to have to pay that much...

I understand the fee process..but that amount is ludacris to me!

Anyone else go thru this?:help:

Sorry to hear you are having so much trouble. I have BCBS of New York a PPO, and they did require weight history.

Are these doctors local? can you go to the office to pick up the information at a possible smaller fee or none at all. I was lucky I guess and did not have to pay any fees for my information, but I did have to go to a couple of different locations to pick it up myself.

I also went online to my Empire website, which my BCBS is through and it has alot of history info there, including dr visit dates and diagnosis, including meds that were perscribed to me, etc. I printed out all of that too.

Don't know if that will help or not, but just a thought.

Good luck !

The head nurse called me back and remembered me as a patient. The doctor had opened his own practice back when I was 4 months pregnant. I decided to follow him to his new practice even thought it was a 30minute drive...which in the state he practices 30 minutes is considered a long crazy drive to see a doctor.

And I also referred him two patients who were cash paying no insurance and I know were responsible people and paid for all his procedures and are still patients of his...so he has made nothing but profit from them.

Besides the fact that I was appalled because he is such a good natured, honest, humble doctor qualities that are very hard to find in an M.D....oh and he personally delivered by daughter on the holiday of XMAS during a terrible snow storm day!

But she heard me out and called me back....

Needless to say...have the records and free of charge!!

:clap2: then I said for her not to forget to give him the message that he will always be my best OBGYN!!!

Oh...I was kinda aware all the records might not be required..since my BMI is over 40. But since it is just recently over 40 and not doctor documented yet at 40....

:kiss:kiss:kiss:kiss:kiss:kiss:huytsao:huytsao:cry:cry

sshh...our secret I gained 10 to 15 lbs to get the over 40BMI

terrible I know...but I have always had weight problems....Plus I just want to increase my chances of insurance approval.

Am I the only one who has done this?

Yes...with that said I just want to have it all for that just incase of if the doc decides not to submit it and then the insurance provider BCBS of GA decides to deny and I have to appeal.

Better safe than sorry I always say...plus all my med records are from doctors that are over 800 miles away as I have moved to the state of Georgia.

But it won't hurt to submit as much weight history with dates as far back as possible...

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and support.

Ah...two doctor's down.confirmed received...four more to go and follow thru!

src="http://www.LapBandTalk.com/images/smilies/happy.gif" border="0" alt="" title="" smilieid="60" class="inlineimg" /></p>

I had to pay a total of about $70 to get all of my medical records. I believe the fee is because most facilities have an outside service come in and copy them (like SDS Documents, etc) I had the records sent to myself. If you fill out the paperwork and have the records sent directly to the doctor or the insurance company (whoever is needing them) the bill will go to them. ha. Don't know if they will pay it, but it's something to try.

You guys are lucky you can get insurance to cover the cost of lapband surgery. I live in Canada and have to fork out $16 000. That's what is holding me up from going ahead with surgery.

lwood,

Are you able to come to the states?

My surgeon's bill would be between $9,000 to $12,000 only......he gives a $2,500 discount to self-pay patients. Let me know if you want his info. Just PM me.