Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food is like, meh.

Ok, so for the past week or so, the act of eating or even the thought of eating has become increasingly uninteresting to me. I am 7 weeks post-op tomorrow.

I honestly would rather not have to sit down and eat my x number of tablespoons of whatever as its been feeling like a chore. Its odd because the actual chore of preparing and cooking meals (for the fam) I look forward to. I also enjoy looking up and preparing single serve "meals" for myself and stacking them up nicely in the freezer. I just don't really care (or feel the need to care) to eat them.

I have been dutifully taking my vitamins/supplements and getting 2-3 litres of Water in daily. I force myself to drink a Protein Shake (which I used to love but now barely stand) because if I didn't, my daily caloric intake would be close to zero. I haven't had my shake yet today, but so far I've managed to eat one teaspoonful of cottage cheese...and its 2pm.

I get about 8-9 hours of sleep a night.

Luckily enough I still have energy, and am able to get an average of about 10K of walking in a day (because I always feel better after I go out for the walks), plus whatever else I would normally do, but I'm sure this wont last if I continue this way.

While I don't exactly hate the fact that this food-aversion-thing I'm experiencing is showing itself on the scale, I just don't FEEL quite right. I don't feel "bad" or anything, I just feel "off".

I figure this is some sort of stage that will pass eventually?

P.S. I'm seeing my PCP next week for a previously scheduled appointment, so I guess my labs will help reveal whats up if anything.

2 hours ago, ms.sleeve said:

Ok, so for the past week or so, the act of eating or even the thought of eating has become increasingly uninteresting to me. I am 7 weeks post-op tomorrow.

I honestly would rather not have to sit down and eat my x number of tablespoons of whatever as its been feeling like a chore. Its odd because the actual chore of preparing and cooking meals (for the fam) I look forward to. I also enjoy looking up and preparing single serve "meals" for myself and stacking them up nicely in the freezer. I just don't really care (or feel the need to care) to eat them.

I have been dutifully taking my vitamins/supplements and getting 2-3 litres of Water in daily. I force myself to drink a Protein Shake (which I used to love but now barely stand) because if I didn't, my daily caloric intake would be close to zero. I haven't had my shake yet today, but so far I've managed to eat one teaspoonful of cottage cheese...and its 2pm.

I get about 8-9 hours of sleep a night.

Luckily enough I still have energy, and am able to get an average of about 10K of walking in a day (because I always feel better after I go out for the walks), plus whatever else I would normally do, but I'm sure this wont last if I continue this way.

While I don't exactly hate the fact that this food-aversion-thing I'm experiencing is showing itself on the scale, I just don't FEEL quite right. I don't feel "bad" or anything, I just feel "off".

I figure this is some sort of stage that will pass eventually?

P.S. I'm seeing my PCP next week for a previously scheduled appointment, so I guess my labs will help reveal whats up if anything.

Hi there,

That is a normal feeling, I felt the same exact way that you described for a while, it will get better and remember this is a really BIG change for us so you have to get used to the new you that's all. It was days I would either eat to fast or something didn't agree and I would say "forget it I will just start over tomorrow" and eat nothing else the rest of that day, eating actually did feel like a chore, things are much better but I honestly still have days where I don't feel like eating and some days I want to snack all day, I keep my water bottle close by for those days.

Hang in there, you will get into your groove and get used to your new normal. It's great!! I love it 😉

You are OK! We are not that far off on your stats. I think you are doing fine. As for the feel of being off, I have days too. This is all new and having to learn our bodies all over again. Just keep thinking of the bigger picture and where you want to be a year from now. Proud of you.

10 hours ago, ms.sleeve said:

Thanks, and yeah, I assumed this will go away eventually. It's always nice to know that I'm not the only one, though :).

P.S. I ended up going to see my PCP yesterday afternoon as I was getting anxious to make sure I wasn't screwing up my system or anything from not eating...got some bloodwork done and he called me with the results this afternoon. So apparently all looks good to him and he even said my cholesterol level had gone down enough that it would warrant me getting off cholesterol pills. But he also said we need to check again in a month or so when my appetite comes back.

Awwww...That's very good news!! Keep up the good work