Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I’m almost 3 years out of gastric bypass .. I’ve lost a lot of weight but maintained a healthy BMI for most.. I’m currently pregnant and started off with a BMI of 22.. as my pregnancy progresses I’m finding it harder and harder to eat.. I feel constantly hungry but can only eat very very very small amounts of food and worry that my baby will end up with a low birth weight if I don’t get in enough calories. My Vitamin levels are all ok and I’m taking a special prenatal vitamin for bariatric patients.. now I’m thinking of adding high calorie shakes to my diet. Problem is that anything with high fat will cause me diarrhea (like nestle Boost VHC), anything with dairy I can’t consume because I’m lactose intolerant, and anything with high sugar will cause me dumping syndrome.. I was wondering if anyone knows of any high calorie drink that i can tolerate?? Or does anyone have a recipe of a high calorie drink I can make at home that will boost my calorie intake.. appreciate any input

Right after surgery your body is altered. Your stomach will no longer accepts many foods and as a result one experiences dumping syndrome. But over time, your intestines will detect that something has changed and will alter itself and allow you to accept these types of food again.

So right after surgery I became lactose intolerant. But then a couple months later this problem disappeared.

During the weight loss phase I avoided fats. But then when I reached the maintenance phase, I found that my body could accepts fats again into my diet without any adverse affects.

So you might retest yourself and see if you are still lactose intolerant and see if fats produce dumping syndrome.

Congrats on your pregnancy and hope you start feeling better. I don't know if this helps but theres a shake that a local cafe makes that taste amazing and i know has lots of calories but healthy it made with almond milk with Peanut Butter and banana and they put Protein powder in it. I really hope you feel well

Thank you all for your reply.
@Ed_NW this seems interesting.. will definitely order some and give it a try.. thank you

@James Marusek well no I still get dumping from high fat and high refined sugar.. even lactose free milk causes me diarrhea so I think maybe I’m allergic to milk protein!!! I can only drink plant based milk but those are very low in calories.

@harmony love
@GreenTealael
whey Protein doesn’t go down my system well.. I need to try Pea protein. Also most protein powders sold have a high content of lead (at least that’s what the warning on the packaging says) it’s toxic on everyone but especially toxic to fetus and pregnant women.. I still can’t find anything locally that is approved for pregnancy and I can tolerate. I don’t mind ordering anything online if anything exists

13 minutes ago, mmy said:

Thank you all for your reply.
@Ed_NW this seems interesting.. will definitely order some and give it a try.. thank you

@James Marusek well no I still get dumping from high fat and high refined sugar.. even lactose free milk causes me diarrhea so I think maybe I’m allergic to milk protein!!! I can only drink plant based milk but those are very low in calories.

@harmony love
@GreenTealael
whey Protein doesn’t go down my system well.. I need to try Pea Protein. Also most protein powders sold have a high content of lead (at least that’s what the warning on the packaging says) it’s toxic on everyone but especially toxic to fetus and pregnant women.. I still can’t find anything locally that is approved for pregnancy and I can tolerate. I don’t mind ordering anything online if anything exists

Alternatives:

https://www.vitaminshoppe.com/p/vega-one-organic-french-vanilla-french-vanilla-12-2-oz-powder/eq-3096?mr:trackingCode=42C45F29-5548-E811-80F9-00505694403D&mr:referralID=NA&sourceType=sc&source=SHOP&acqsource=adlucent&utm_source=Shopping&utm_medium=CSE&utm_campaign=Vega&utm_content=EQ-3096&gclid=Cj0KCQjw3ebdBRC1ARIsAD8U0V7v5jtcEHIGS-z6IZTOS1Cz4TKjR2XwNpjAtrlYYHKkqGmoHfj6SjMaArOtEALw_wcB

https://www.gnc.com/plant-based-protein/469310.html?mrkgcl=1098&mrkgadid=3311054956&product_id=469310&flagtype=nonbrand&vendor=Orgain&channel=ppc&adpos=1o1&creative=291658851292&device=m&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=Cj0KCQjw3ebdBRC1ARIsAD8U0V5jHRJsQsh0FLESCvh0xak-8smy3CTv0lkpDybgsYW-tppz1QfOHucaAgvZEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

https://www.gnc.com/plant-based-protein/265408.html#q=Pea%2Bprotein&lang=default&start=1

https://www.gnc.com/plant-based-protein/217631.html

https://www.gnc.com/expanded-assortment-shop-all/166556.html#q=Pea%2Bprotein&lang=default&start=1

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nutiva-Organic-Hemp-Protein-Powder-Chocolate-1-0-Lb-15-Servings/26968825?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid=22222222228018414618&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=m&wl3=51755285591&wl4=pla-83167509431&wl5=1023427&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=26968825&wl13=&veh=sem&gclid=Cj0KCQjw3ebdBRC1ARIsAD8U0V7V8Lu1dZ1Ut8uw_ygTSRcj4kxu1xhcgo3qFtEOr2dHweqlLDP9h7AaAoGrEALw_wcB

https://www.vitacost.com/bobs-red-mill-hemp-protein-powder-16-oz-1?csrc=GPF-PA-Sports %26 Fitness-039978006035&ci_gpa=pla&ci_kw=&ci_origin=mobile&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=039978006035&csrc=GPF-PA&mtp=sdFZ9Bhk0-dm|pcrid|97670538973|product|039978006035&pgrid=16877535493&ptaid=pla-99202706891&gclid=Cj0KCQjw3ebdBRC1ARIsAD8U0V56jxwqiMy9IcGgRJ0P9G5wHFDCuoy_ZCuqS0CGp7ulkK7TopmQkbEaAvy8EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds