Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Going back work after sleeve

Hi everyone. So I go back to work tomorrow after 4 weeks out for the sleeve surgery. I'm excited to get back to work but overwhelmed about being so busy at work and forgetting to get my liquids ne Protein in . I mean sometimes I forget to while being at home imagine while being at work where its fast paced all day? Anyone have any suggestions as to what to take to work ? I was thinking lots of high protein Snacks maybe? And setting up a snack, Water and meal timer?

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

I packed everything in pre-measured containers and planned my meals accordingly (actually still doing that 5 weeks post). It makes eating so much easier especially if you are eating multiple meals and not just your standard 3 + 2. I use MyfitnessPal which has a reminder if I don't log my meals, but I also have it set for every 3 hours to stop and eat something (my day starts at 530a and I get home around 430p)

As for Water, I have a 20 oz tumbler that I force myself to drink 2 - 3 times before leaving work and have 1 to drink on my way home from work to ensure I'm getting my fluids in.

Good luck!

I packed everything in pre-measured containers and planned my meals accordingly (actually still doing that 5 weeks post). It makes eating so much easier especially if you are eating multiple meals and not just your standard 3 + 2. I use MyfitnessPal which has a reminder if I don't log my meals, but I also have it set for every 3 hours to stop and eat something (my day starts at 530a and I get home around 430p)
As for Water, I have a 20 oz tumbler that I force myself to drink 2 - 3 times before leaving work and have 1 to drink on my way home from work to ensure I'm getting my fluids in.
Good luck!
Thank you so much. Will be try this[emoji16]. What kind of meals do you prep just to get ideas?

Definitely set reminders on phone or in an app

1 hour ago, NewBodySoon said:

Thank you so much. Will be try this. What kind of meals do you prep just to get ideas?

I've become a huge fan of Starkist tuna Creations - I really like the Jalapeno the best, but the Ranch, Buffalo and other flavors are good too. Most don't need anything added and are very filling. If I do add something, The ranch and jalapeno I add 1 TSP of ranch dressing to make it a little more creamy and the buffalo add buffalo ranch 1 TSP.

Cottage cheese (high protein) and I have become friends again and this too, easy to pack and store. Cheese sticks most have less than 70 CAL and decent Protein

Dannon Light and Fit Greek Yogurt and Oikos Zero both high in protein and can be made into two meals - I add ground flax seed to increase my Fiber.

I made a pot of chili last week (added a dollop of sour cream and shredded cheese) and it lasted.... My only concern with this, while my plan is all for Beans, I read today that beans should be consumed in moderation, no more than twice a week due to its starchiness. So a late lesson, but I'll know for the future.

Deli meat roll-ups. I get the deli to slice just a bit thicker than my usual preference of "thinly sliced" so it rolls nicely. If it's sliced right can get 2 - 3 slices and a cheese stick to make a meal

I also bought on Amazon some WonderSlim shakes/pudding... fell in love with the chocolate caramel... have used it both as a pudding and a shake 15g Protein and it was that right sweet when you want a dessert. They have other flavors. The BP site has something similar too.

my diet has been pretty boring at work, but this has worked for me and kept hunger at bay.

I've become a huge fan of Starkist tuna Creations - I really like the Jalapeno the best, but the Ranch, Buffalo and other flavors are good too. Most don't need anything added and are very filling. If I do add something, The ranch and jalapeno I add 1 TSP of ranch dressing to make it a little more creamy and the buffalo add buffalo ranch 1 TSP.
Cottage cheese (high protein) and I have become friends again and this too, easy to pack and store. cheese sticks most have less than 70 CAL and decent Protein
Dannon Light and Fit Greek Yogurt and Oikos Zero both high in Protein and can be made into two meals - I add ground flax seed to increase my Fiber.
I made a pot of chili last week (added a dollop of sour cream and shredded cheese) and it lasted.... My only concern with this, while my plan is all for Beans, I read today that Beans should be consumed in moderation, no more than twice a week due to its starchiness. So a late lesson, but I'll know for the future.
Deli meat roll-ups. I get the deli to slice just a bit thicker than my usual preference of "thinly sliced" so it rolls nicely. If it's sliced right can get 2 - 3 slices and a cheese stick to make a meal
I also bought on Amazon some WonderSlim shakes/pudding... fell in love with the chocolate caramel... have used it both as a pudding and a shake 15g Protein and it was that right sweet when you want a dessert. They have other flavors. The BP site has something similar too.
my diet has been pretty boring at work, but this has worked for me and kept hunger at bay.
All these ideas sound awesome! You got this under control I say[emoji16] . I know it's been only 4 wks post op but my stomach is super sensitive like it reject alot of things I use to be able to enjoy. I suddenly became lactose intolerant, cant handle any low fat milk based yogurt, scrambled eggs give me the runs(can only do a poached egg) you can understand the aggravation with trying to find things that work for me. I have tried 3 different Protein Shakes premier I can no longer do. The organic plant based didnt sit well with me felt so heavy and now I am trying the Isopure whey(tried it with almond milk and nope not good) so will try again with just Water. [emoji85] [emoji86] [emoji30] [emoji30] [emoji30] [emoji30] . Another thing is that when ever I try eating my 2oz or less I feel like my food is stuck in my throat wanting to throw up. When it's not that then I just feel cramps in my stomach sigh....[emoji17]

All these ideas sound awesome! You got this under control I say[emoji16] . I know it's been only 4 wks post op but my stomach is super sensitive like it reject alot of things I use to be able to enjoy. I suddenly became lactose intolerant, cant handle any low fat milk based yogurt, scrambled eggs give me the runs(can only do a poached egg) you can understand the aggravation with trying to find things that work for me. I have tried 3 different Protein Shakes premier I can no longer do. The organic plant based didnt sit well with me felt so heavy and now I am trying the Isopure whey(tried it with almond milk and nope not good) so will try again with just Water. [emoji85] [emoji86] [emoji30] [emoji30] [emoji30] [emoji30] . Another thing is that when ever I try eating my 2oz or less I feel like my food is stuck in my throat wanting to throw up. When it's not that then I just feel cramps in my stomach sigh....[emoji17]

Ouch, I'm so sorry. I have those issues with some foods. Fortunately milk is still ok. Scrambled eggs were bad my 1st time better 2nd.

Before wls u was a huge fan of egg in microwave, small paper bowl, spritz with butter or substitute crack an egg, cover cook for 30 sec, add cheese cook another 30. (Sometimes require 15 more sec) and it's the perfect healthy over medium egg.

I forgot to mention also bought some guacamole and hummus packs. Those definitely are my go to for a flavored side

Ouch, I'm so sorry. I have those issues with some foods. Fortunately milk is still ok. Scrambled eggs were bad my 1st time better 2nd.

Before wls u was a huge fan of egg in microwave, small paper bowl, spritz with butter or substitute crack an egg, cover cook for 30 sec, add cheese cook another 30. (Sometimes require 15 more sec) and it's the perfect healthy over medium egg.

I forgot to mention also bought some guacamole and hummus packs. Those definitely are my go to for a flavored side
I know..[emoji30] but thank you soooo much. You've been very helpful. Staying on a positive note and just being patient with my new tummy[emoji52]

@newbodysoon
I've tried all kinds of Protein shakes too. My nutritionist recommended Core Power and it is the only one I like.
https://fairlife.com/core-power/

my doctor gave me only two weeks amd im a nurse.. :(