Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First dumping experience - 12 days post op

Hey yall

Im having my first dumping syndrome , I’m 12 days post op and I ate to fast.
So I’m sweating and my heart is racing and I feel so nauseous... Headache

I think I was so cocky with saying everything is going smoothly with recovery and no dumping that it caught up to me.

Good lord , it’s no joke when they say you can have dumping syndrome. I was hungry and i just took a bite after a bite and now I’m feeling miserable .

Thanks for posting, I'm 3 weeks out and didn't think it would happen to me. I'd better stay alert😳😳😳

Hey yall

Im having my first dumping syndrome , I’m 12 days post op and I ate to fast.
So I’m sweating and my heart is racing and I feel so nauseous... Headache

I think I was so cocky with saying everything is going smoothly with recovery and no dumping that it caught up to me.

Good lord , it’s no joke when they say you can have dumping syndrome. I was hungry and i just took a bite after a bite and now I’m feeling miserable .

Yep, same here. I found if I'm going to eat something sweet, it has to be the last bite of the 5 and it's that or another carb bite with the rest being Protein. It's totally not worth it to feel like you're having a palpitation... bread even made me feel sick so it's no joke when you cheat. I don't even want to know what a sugary drinks would do and I'm not about to find out!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm day 1, I tried to have something too sweet yesterday and my body rejected it badly...thank goodness I was at home! Dumping syndrome is certainly no joke!!

I had a few dumping episodes of varying degrees early on, however now, being close to 6 months out... I'm finding that I can eat a bunch of things I really wish I couldn't without any dumping when you'd think there would be. Some folks call me lucky, I don't think I'm lucky. Now I have to worry about the will power to not stuff.... like my youngest brought home a new flavor Oreo cookie. I had 1 serving (2 cookies) and expected to have to pay for it... yet, nothing happened. Then I ate 4 of them the next day expecting SOME form of negative feedback... still nothing.

Dumping sucks, but it's that sucky feeling that I was hoping for to help assist with the whole cognitive reassignment associating those foods as "bad" and it's just not happening any more.

Just wanted to provide my experience with dumping and let you all know that, it doesn't always stay the same, what I dumped on early on, I no longer dump on.

I think I dumped tonight. I was stupid, and deserve it (And criticism) but I had a large serving of carb smart ice cream. Probably a cup to be honest. I noticed when I ate this ice cream before it kind of gave me gas, and overall I could feel it move throughout my system quite well. Ate it, and didn't feel so good afterward. About 30-60 minutes later, I felt very nautious and uncomfortable whether sitting up or reclined. I went #2 and it was loose, but not diarrhea. I felt like I was going to pass out a little bit, but chalked it up as my normal anxiety.

Still not feeling well and having an occasional "verp" I tried unsuccessfully to vomit. As I layed back in misery, I noticed that all I wanted to do was go to sleep. I also noticed my pulse rate was up. I don't think I got any palpitations, but I get them all the time from my anxiety, so I tend to discard them. I did feel cold, so I put a blanket on. I kind of dozed off/light sleep for an hour or so, and then the diarrhea hit. Not explosive like others said, but yes it was what it was.

About an hour after that, I started to feel normal again, although several hours later I still have gas pretty bad.

Does that sound like a dump? I kind of hope it was, because although it was unpleasant, it wasn't as bad as the stories I've heard where people were flat-out on the floor thinking they were having a heart attack.

On 09/01/2018 at 09:30, CyclicalLoser said:

I think I dumped tonight. I was stupid, and deserve it (And criticism) but I had a large serving of carb smart ice cream. Probably a cup to be honest. I noticed when I ate this ice cream before it kind of gave me gas, and overall I could feel it move throughout my system quite well. Ate it, and didn't feel so good afterward. About 30-60 minutes later, I felt very nautious and uncomfortable whether sitting up or reclined. I went #2 and it was loose, but not diarrhea. I felt like I was going to pass out a little bit, but chalked it up as my normal anxiety.

Still not feeling well and having an occasional "verp" I tried unsuccessfully to vomit. As I layed back in misery, I noticed that all I wanted to do was go to sleep. I also noticed my pulse rate was up. I don't think I got any palpitations, but I get them all the time from my anxiety, so I tend to discard them. I did feel cold, so I put a blanket on. I kind of dozed off/light sleep for an hour or so, and then the diarrhea hit. Not explosive like others said, but yes it was what it was.

About an hour after that, I started to feel normal again, although several hours later I still have gas pretty bad.

Does that sound like a dump? I kind of hope it was, because although it was unpleasant, it wasn't as bad as the stories I've heard where people were flat-out on the floor thinking they were having a heart attack.

Yes, you experienced a dumping syndrome , I’m glad you’re alright now 🙏🏻

On 08/31/2018 at 14:26, Matt Z said:

I had a few dumping episodes of varying degrees early on, however now, being close to 6 months out... I'm finding that I can eat a bunch of things I really wish I couldn't without any dumping when you'd think there would be. Some folks call me lucky, I don't think I'm lucky. Now I have to worry about the will power to not stuff.... like my youngest brought home a new flavor Oreo cookie. I had 1 serving (2 cookies) and expected to have to pay for it... yet, nothing happened. Then I ate 4 of them the next day expecting SOME form of negative feedback... still nothing.

Dumping sucks, but it's that sucky feeling that I was hoping for to help assist with the whole cognitive reassignment associating those foods as "bad" and it's just not happening any more.

Just wanted to provide my experience with dumping and let you all know that, it doesn't always stay the same, what I dumped on early on, I no longer dump on.

Thank you for sharing your story, it’s always gonna be a uphill battle to not give into the cravings whether one experienced dumping or not. Just remember why you had this surgery and make it your every day reminder. I can certainly tell you lot of things they said before the surgery doesn’t pan out after the surgery 🤔🤔

Good luck with everything 🙏🏻