Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just a general FYI. From someone who has always had a rough time with the surgery, and will hopefully soon have her bypass reversed. I have always suffered with Fluid staying down and so I have to be extra careful in the choices that I make.
I really need electrolytes as most of my many, many visits to the ER, I have needed fluid and have been low on electrolytes.

Many may already know this, but today I was shopping at a Casey's "small convenience store" and they have something I have not seen yet. It is Gatorade Zero. I am trying the Glacier Cherry and it is pretty good. Now this is not to be confused with the Powerade Zero as I have drank them as well, but often times they tend to be very sweet.

Just a dropping an FYI if you have not heard of them. Incidentally the bottle says limited time offer. I am thinking maybe they are going to pilot it and see if they can compete with PowerAde for that nitch.

Have you tried Brawndo? It's got electolytes! I apologize, if you've seen the parody film "Idiocracy" you will recognize the tag line. (There is no such thing as Brawndo).

In all seriousness, I found Gatorade zero at Sam's club in a 24-pack variety of 3 flavors. I haven't tasted any of them because I've been drinking the Premier Protein tropical punch because I need the Protein, but my family likes them.

try Pedialyte

I wonder if they have them at regular Wal-Mart or Target?

12 hours ago, CyclicalLoser said:

Have you tried Brawndo? It's got electolytes!

The Thirst Mutilator! It's got what plants crave!

14 hours ago, Ronnysgal said:

will hopefully soon have her bypass reversed

Am I reading this correctly? You are trying to get your bypass reversed? Have you spoken with your doctors about this, because typically the bypass is considered a non-reversible surgery. Does it happen, sure, but it's usually a last ditch effort due to complications with reverting this surgery.

On 08/02/2018 at 04:22, Matt Z said:

Am I reading this correctly? You are trying to get your bypass reversed? Have you spoken with your doctors about this, because typically the bypass is considered a non-reversible surgery. Does it happen, sure, but it's usually a last ditch effort due to complications with reverting this surgery.

If you click on her name and look at her history that’s exactly her situation. Long term complications that haven’t responded to other treatment.

As for G2, all our local groceries and Walmart and Target carry it, perhaps because we are in California?

Another great only slightly sweet option is NUUN tablets you drop in Water. Available at most athletic stores, Amazon and also our local Target.

Thanks for all the tips on drinks.

Yes Matt I am going to do the reversal as a last ditch effort to keep myself from going any further down. Actually I think the oldest Bypass reversal that I found dates back to 2005. I have a wonderful surgeon, he has tried everything else to stop the nausea and vomiting, the weight loss as a whole. I am 30lbs past my goal weight already that he suggested. I had the surgery 1 yr and over 4 months ago. Have had to have 2 other surgeries, one to remove scar tissue round the bypass and a bowel resection to try and improve the aforementioned issues. Now I am battling multiple stomach ulcers some of which have been bleeding and they are not able to get the upper hand on them with the most powerful drugs available.

It is a risky procedure but one at this time we feel is necessary.

Thanks Jess I will look there as well. I have searched Walmart and they don't have them at least yet.

On 08/02/2018 at 06:09, Ronnysgal said:

Thanks Jess I will look there as well. I have searched Walmart and they don't have them at least yet.

Weird! Our Walmart definitely has them. My son has been drinking G2 for years. I do the NUUN myself.

W have the G2 just not the G2 Zero ;)

10 hours ago, Matt Z said:

The Thirst Mutilator! It's got what plants crave!

"Brought to you by Carl's Junior"

"Time Masheen"

"Upgradde"

I love that movie, so many good quotes. Thank you for confirming I'm not the only one here with a sarcastic sense of humor! :)

@Ronnys gal I am sending you wishes for strength, healing and a bright future ahead. You have had more on your plate than 80-90 year olds and I am sure your doctor feels this may be your last best hope. And I will be following the developments as they come. You are part ofourworld-wide Bariatric Pal family and we do worry about our own😦💦😪!

Thank you Frustr8 I appreciate all the well wishes. I am certain everything will be ok but there is that little voice in the back of your head that says you thought the same thing going into the bypass in the beginning. I feel however that the benefits will out way the dangers at this point in time.

I will try and post and let everyone know how it goes once we get to that point.