Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Posted (edited)

I was banded about 10 years ago which has been a love hate relationship. I never really acclimated to the band so I’ve had it minimally filled for the last five years. I often feel stuck and vomit. I have severe acid reflux that I aspirate while sleeping and I am also anemic now. Recently I vomited which caused my band to slip. My doc said we can reposition, replace, or remove it. The acid reflux and constant discomfort have made me miserable so I’m opting for removal. I’m wondering if people who have suffered similar issues and had their band removed have felt relief from these issues after removal? I’m also curious about how your removal went and the down time after surgery. Thanks!

Edited by LoveLee
Typo in title

I was banded about 10 years ago which has been a love hate relationship. I never really acclimated to the band so I’ve had it minimally filled for the last five years. I often feel stuck and vomit. I have severe acid reflux that I aspirate while sleeping and I am also anemic now. Recently I vomited which caused my band to slip. My doc said we can reposition, replace, or remove it. The acid reflux and constant discomfort have made me miserable so I’m opting for removal. I’m wondering if people who have suffered similar issues and had their band removed have felt relief from these issues after removal? I’m also curious about how your removal went and the down time after surgery. Thanks!
There's a TON of people on the site who are revisions from band to sleeve or RNY. Give it a quick search. I believe Even the site's creator is making the switch. They all appear to be MUCH HAPPIER. safe journey

VSG2017 HW 249 SW 238 CW 167

Lovelee is your insurance going to cover for the removal?

1 hour ago, Les3691 said:

Lovelee is your insurance going to cover for the removal?

Yes, they should. I’m waiting for the formal approval any day now.

Wonderful! Mine did not cover to have the LB placed, so I'm wondering if they will cover to have it removed. Did yours cover to have your LB placed?

Sent from my SM-G920V using BariatricPal mobile app

1 hour ago, Les3691 said:

Wonderful! Mine did not cover to have the LB placed, so I'm wondering if they will cover to have it removed. Did yours cover to have your LB placed?

Sent from my SM-G920V using BariatricPal mobile app

No, I was self pay when it was placed. I have different insurance now which has offers this coverage, thank god.