Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Approved. Happy/scared/excited/depressed

Sorry this might be a long post.

So, I got the call this week that I have been approved for surgery. I have my pre-op consultation and physical on June 12th, then 2-3 weeks after that will be surgery. Exciting and scary! I've been working on this for months and months now. I feel like I should be more happy about it. I am happy but I'm more scared than I thought I would be. I've gone down this road before with the lap-band and didn't do well with it/ had some complications with it, so maybe that's part of why I'm more scared now than I was when I had the band surgery. I don't want to fail, and I know this is a forever change to my anatomy. I know it's my best shot at long term success. I guess I'm just overwhelmed with the fact that it's happening and my life will be forever changed. I'm also a little sad about it too. Maybe because my size has been kind of a safety blanket (if that makes any sense at all). And I have no idea what to expect because I've never been a normal weight before. I'm also sad because a good friend of mine at work (who was recently promoted within the department) who I thought would be supportive, has gone more into boss mode and being more concerned about work than my life/health, which has really made me sad. I have no problem getting the time off of work, but my department tries to guilt me into postponing any time I've had some sort of procedure done, but never does with anyone else. I'm just overwhelmed with emotions right now, and just needed to get some of it out. Thanks for listening.

Congrats, I was banded back in 2011, so I understand the pensiveness! Good Luck!

It really helped me talking to a psychologist. My work situation sounds very similar to yours. I am finding that as I lose weight the tides are shifting. I have continued to do my job well and take care of myself. My coworker who thinks he's my boss is showing his true colors and people are noticing. People are also noticing that I am taking care of myself and my job. I am starting to get much more support from coworkers I never spoke to before. Hang in there. Think of yourself as the butterfly that will emerge from the cocoon.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 2 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Having gall bladder surgery in a few days and I so hope the recovery is easier than the one from the modified DS! I could use a bit of luck/pep talk for a change. I'm starting to be able to walk around without experiencing dizziness, but it would be great if the random pain in my chest and abdomen would go away!!
      · 0 replies
    • Dawn 1974

4/4/2024 - new patient orientation. Wt 313
      4/5/2024 - got all my lab work done.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!