Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Goals and expectations

I've finally gotten my new surgery date THIS Friday 5/25! So, I'm super excited and nervous. I've been distracting myself with daydreams about where I can be in 4, 8, 12 weeks and beyond. I'm 5'5" and as of this morning 203.9, my first goal is my wedding weight of 185, second goal is my lowest weight as an adult of 160, and my "oh my god no way I'll ever reach this" ultimate dream goal (that would allow for a 5-10 pound maintenance cushion) is 130. Truth be told if I hit 150 and can't get any lower I'll still be thrilled. Anyone want to help set some dates to aim for with these goals? I have no idea what to expect but I'm a planning addict and want to have some concrete things to aim for.

there is so much variability in the pace of weight loss. It is important to have goals but be careful of setting a timeline that could cause you to doubt yourself and the process if you dont hit your schedule.

grats on your getting a date.

I don't like setting specific dates for weight goals. It just puts too much pressure on me. My weight loss varies from week to week too. One week, I may lose 3 pounds, then another week I'll lose 7. Weight loss just varies so much.

7 hours ago, andirm said:

I've finally gotten my new surgery date THIS Friday 5/25! So, I'm super excited and nervous. I've been distracting myself with daydreams about where I can be in 4, 8, 12 weeks and beyond. I'm 5'5" and as of this morning 203.9, my first goal is my wedding weight of 185, second goal is my lowest weight as an adult of 160, and my "oh my god no way I'll ever reach this" ultimate dream goal (that would allow for a 5-10 pound maintenance cushion) is 130. Truth be told if I hit 150 and can't get any lower I'll still be thrilled. Anyone want to help set some dates to aim for with these goals? I have no idea what to expect but I'm a planning addict and want to have some concrete things to aim for.

Lol I feel like your my long lost sibling! I’m the same way I’m a planner/over researcher. This has its pros n cons as I’m sure you know! I’ve spent many sleepless nights on this forum... well pretty much since I booked my date... reading and trying to find other people who share my same stats n goals.. I also spend my nights and days dreaming of the pounds I’ll lose and the sizes I’ll drop... more then anything the clothes I’ll fit into! Lol I have 5 pairs of size 10 American Eagle jeans I bought 2 years ago saying I’ll fit into these only to have them hang in my closet new with tags staring at me... so I can’t wait till I can finally fit into those! I’m excited for you, I hope you hit all your mini goals and you major one as well. If you haven’t checked out Dr. Alverez Q&A videos on YouTube I highly recommend them. There’s so many good questions he answers on there and gives some good advice on what to expect weight loss wise but also what happens when you body takes small stall breaks... watching his videos have help put my mind at ease. Hope we can follow each other’s new adventure on here!