Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi ;)

I’m on day 2 of this liquid diet and I have 3 weeks to go! My surgery date is May 28th. I already had a break down and I have been so moody. I’m just confused because from all the forums that I have read, people are allowed to eat yogurt, sugar freepopsicles and Jello and some even get to have some time of “real meal”. I’m only allowed 2 cups of broccoli, green pepper, celery, lettuce or cucumber and that’s all for the day (plus my 4 Optifast shakes) I have two young boys and I can barely keep up with them with this lack of energy.

any suggestions? I’m not allowed broths because the nurse said sodium would hinder weight loss but I feel like I’m not allowed to eat anything. Anyone on the same diet as me? Help?

Thanks for reading my vent :)

Hi, yes this is HARD!!! Everyone will agree. BUT....Oh so worth it!! It all depends on you!! I know it would be easier to let it go but after the fact you would hate yourself. Keep yourself bus busy. Get out of the house. Do something with your hands to keep them busy and to busy to eat also. Hang tight and remember KEEP ON KEEPING ON!!

Hi I’m on day 8 of the liquid diet. The first 3 days are the hardest But hang in there it gets a little easier. I have been drinking the Protein waters. I enjoy those.

Hey there! Hang tight.. it will get better I’m on Day 5 of 10 (surgery on the 14th) I can only have liquids( Water, crystal light, and broths) some sugar free Jello and sugar free popsicles. I know what you’re feeling! I’m struggling too. I’m so hungry but I’m keeping the bigger picture in mind.

46 minutes ago, goldie80 said:

Hey there! Hang tight.. it will get better I’m on Day 5 of 10 (surgery on the 14th) I can only have liquids( Water, crystal light, and broths) some sugar free Jello and sugar free popsicles. I know what you’re feeling! I’m struggling too. I’m so hungry but I’m keeping the bigger picture in mind.

Thank you! I feel like I’m whining all the time lol.

Good luck with your surgery on the 14th! It’s right around the corner :)

1 hour ago, Brina1980 said:

Hi I’m on day 8 of the liquid diet. The first 3 days are the hardest But hang in there it gets a little easier. I have been drinking the Protein waters. I enjoy those.

Thank you! I will try to ride out these first few days...it just seems like 3 weeks is a lifetime! Lol

3 hours ago, shedo82773 said:

Hi, yes this is HARD!!! Everyone will agree. BUT....Oh so worth it!! It all depends on you!! I know it would be easier to let it go but after the fact you would hate yourself. Keep yourself bus busy. Get out of the house. Do something with your hands to keep them busy and to busy to eat also. Hang tight and remember KEEP ON KEEPING ON!!

Thanks for the advice!

It is indeed hard!! And I too envy people whom get to eat one Protein rich meal, yogurt etc.

but it does get easier as time goes on because surgery is right around the corner.

hang in there!

I wonder why you do three weeks of liquid? My doctor only my requires one week and I am doing the gastric sleeve. Are you doing a different surgery or is that just surgeon prefence?

1 hour ago, Amanda403 said:

I wonder why you do three weeks of liquid? My doctor only my requires one week and I am doing the gastric sleeve. Are you doing a different surgery or is that just surgeon prefence?

I’m doing the gastric bypass...I’m pretty sure the number of weeks was based on weight but I just thought 3 weeks was extra long! I’m really hoping my body gets used to this and the headaches and dizziness goes away. Not fun!!!

2 hours ago, Bryn910 said:

It is indeed hard!! And I too envy people whom get to eat one Protein rich meal, yogurt etc.

but it does get easier as time goes on because surgery is right around the corner.

hang in there!

Thanks! I’m trying to look at the bigger picture but I just get overwhelmed sometimes.