Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

17 minutes ago, Relle2190 said:

Does any body else have to start there liquid diet today and for how long? I start mines today for 7 days and then surgery is next Monday April 23...

I got to start immediately after my surgeon appt, as they scheduled me for 3 weeks later and would have wanted me on up to 4 weeks pre op VLCD. So no opportunity for a "last favourite food/meal" for me lol. Thankfully my surgeon still allows move normal meat & veg dinners until the day before surgery or I'd be going crazy I think.

I am starting my clear liquid diet today. I have to do it for 2 weeks. But I can have 3 Protein Drinks a day. I know it will be hard, but worth it in the end.

Sent from my SM-G920T using BariatricPal mobile app

No, I can't have meat either.

I'm on day 13 of my 14 day diet. Surgery on Monday.

I suspect I will grit my teeth every,morning, every bedtime I will say Every day is one day sooner to surgery. Remember my peeps, I have had the equivalent of a 13 month pregnancy carrying the surgery dream around, while many of you have had a smoothly greased slide into your sleeve or RnY I have continued to waddle along waving as you zoomed by. Oh I've helped each of you set,off your fireworks, but I never got a sparkler, or even a box of bang snaps out of the deal. Always a bridesmaid but not the Bariatric Bride. But I may still be the June Bariatric Bride, I've ordered the houquet, shoes and tiara, I'm going to be ready for my Surgical Bridegroom when he calls me to him. I feel a little like a Jerry Springer bride, don't care about ratings --just going to be sure to make an appearance--.Keep tuned in, you don't want to miss this one!👼

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Featured Surgeons

1. Masoud Rezvani

Woodbridge, Virginia 22191

2. Lisa Medvetz

Downingtown, Pennsylvania 19335
      800-282-0066

• Recent Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Naughty Glitter Goddess

Excited about my latest stats!  6 weeks post op, 57 lbs down, 4" lost from my chest, 6.5" lost from my waist, 8" lost from my hips, 4" off each thigh, 4" off each bicep.  Kicking ass and loving it! 
      · 1 reply
      1. thatch

Great job!

• AshAsh1

In my area, Goodwill has all women's clothing $1.50 today. Perfect timing for winter work wardrobe! Wish me luck
      Plus some cheap shopping therapy could do wonders!
      · 1 reply
      1. MargoCL

Good luck!

• Zipps

im newwwwwww!  , getting really excited for the coming surgery and this long journey. 
      · 3 replies
      1. Orchids&Dragons

Welcome! This is a very friendly and supportive site.

FYI, status updates get a lot fewer responses than threads. So don't feel shunned if you don't get many responses here.

I live in Kennedale. Where are you having your surgery and which doctor? I'm being unbearably nosy here :P

I had mine at USMD, Dr. Dyslin.

2. Zipps

Haha, you are fine. Thank you for the welcome! I am having my surgery with Dr Matin at Baylor Grapevine. Day is approaching fast, little nervous of course but can't wait.

3. Orchids&Dragons

You're not going to believe the difference. It's just so amazing to not be hungry all freakin' day long!

Best of luck!

• thatch

200 lbs. this morning! Woot! Next stop, Onederland!
      · 3 replies
      1. MargoCL

Congratulations! That's great!

I'm fighting the last 6lbs to get there... I'm down two, up 1, down 1 up 2... roller coaster it is... LOL

2. GreenTealael

CONGRATS!!!

3. thatch

Thanks guys!

• AshAsh1

So I'm having a really really really crappy day. Crappy month really.  My husbands been off work for 2 months with an injury and I've been picking up all the slack with everything. And while, I'm happy to step up to the plate and do these things, I'm getting worn out, physically and mentally. And we went to the doctor today that just pushed his recovery time out for another 2 months.
      The reason I tell you all this......
      I bought twizzlers from the vending machine... and I've been nibbling on them.....
      So much for a lifestyle change *cry face*
      Its crazy because I haven't thought about food as comfort in a very long time. But today, I broke.
      · 13 replies
      1. AshAsh1

Thank you ladies! I appreciate you taking the time to respond in such a thoughtful way. I appreciate you guys more than you know!

2. Matt Z

Sigh.... :888_mens::889_womens:

3. AshAsh1

I always appreciate your perspective. it's an added bonus you are a man, a great advice giver, a great friend.....and a bariatric master....:452_medal:

4. AshAsh1

@GreenTealael

There are still 2 Twizzlers left sitting in the wrapper... they aren't gone yet. But today the cleaning people come at work, so they will be soon! I think I'll get some satisfaction to have something left to throw away.

5. Matt Z

I was just messing around. I don't mind being "one of the girls" LOL

6. View All Replies
  • Trending Topics

• Magazine Articles

• Together, we have lost...
      lbs