Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone, just checking in. So, tomorrow I will be 1 month post op and down about 30lbs from my surgery weight.

Here is what I have noticed:

1. Its hard to not eat and drink when you have had tha t habit for all of your life.

2.Its bittersweet when you realize you can no longer can down the foods that you used to eat into your bottomless pit. Literally after 2-3 bites you are full.

3. I am not motivated to exercise and am in search of some fun ways to get real exercise in. When I don't get on my treadmill I powerwalk through whatever store I want to visit that day with my son in his stroller or cart. Takes 45-1hr. Stopping and going. It is better than nothing.

4. I crave coffee and spicy foods, don' care for sweets too much now....and I used to have a horrible sweet tooth. Feels weird and I don't really care for coffee either. But I put salsa on almost everything.

5. sleeping on my stomach is not an issue,it was uncomforable at first but pillows helped and then I got comfy on my own.

6. I do have some pains sometimes that feels like something is pulling so,I am going to tell my Dr at my appt on Thursday.

7. Every time a commercial comes on or that I am interrupted I take a sip of Water and that is my secret to getting my fluids.

8. Pintreset is a great tool for healthy recipes and meal hacks

That is all for now! It' been an interesting journey so far and I keep telling my that "if nothing changes, then nothing changes" meaning if you do nothing you get nothing in return. I got this surgery to save my life and I want to take full advantage of it. 😉

You're doing great!!!

Sent from my SM-G930VL using BariatricPal mobile app

@Miss Ora You’ve got this thing figured out! [emoji253]

I'm at about the same stage (will be one month out on Thursday, and down about 34 pounds), and I'm totally with you on points 1-3.

As for point 6, I had that with my stapler incision (biggest one, on the far left side) for a while after the rest of my pain had subsided. My cousin (who had the surgery nine years ago) and my mom (an RN) said it is because of the scar tissue pulling. Mine subsided but still occasionally gives me pangs, which my cousin said it did for her off and on for almost a year, but mostly it's fine now.

Hello everyone, just checking in. So, tomorrow I will be 1 month post op and down about 30lbs from my surgery weight.
Here is what I have noticed:
1. Its hard to not eat and drink when you have had tha t habit for all of your life.
2.Its bittersweet when you realize you can no longer can down the foods that you used to eat into your bottomless pit. Literally after 2-3 bites you are full.
3. I am not motivated to exercise and am in search of some fun ways to get real exercise in. When I don't get on my treadmill I powerwalk through whatever store I want to visit that day with my son in his stroller or cart. Takes 45-1hr. Stopping and going. It is better than nothing.
4. I crave coffee and spicy foods, don' care for sweets too much now....and I used to have a horrible sweet tooth. Feels weird and I don't really care for coffee either. But I put salsa on almost everything.
5. sleeping on my stomach is not an issue,it was uncomforable at first but pillows helped and then I got comfy on my own.
6. I do have some pains sometimes that feels like something is pulling so,I am going to tell my Dr at my appt on Thursday.
7. Every time a commercial comes on or that I am interrupted I take a sip of Water and that is my secret to getting my fluids.
8. Pintreset is a great tool for healthy recipes and meal hacks
That is all for now! It' been an interesting journey so far and I keep telling my that "if nothing changes, then nothing changes" meaning if you do nothing you get nothing in return. I got this surgery to save my life and I want to take full advantage of it. [emoji6]

I’m 2 weeks out from having a sleeve I’ve lost 18 pounds and I’m always craving the things I use to eat. I’ve been doing my best with sugar free things and make sure to get in what I need to make my surgery successful. It seems all commercials are food, every where I look I see food

My surgery that has been planned for 2 months now has now been put off a week because my surgeon decided to take a day off..so its now April 25th!!!!

I feel like my diet pre and post op are very strict.

PreOp and up to 7 weeks after my surgeon will not allow me to have any solid food.

Does anybody else have a diet this strict?

· 2 weeks preop diet: Protein Shakes and Clear Liquids only

· 2 weeks post op diet: Protein shakes and clear liquids only

· 3 & 4 weeks postop: I can add in creamy liquids

· 5 & 6 weeks postop: I can add in pureed foods

· 7+ weeks: I can slowly integrate solid foods.