Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 5'0 and 218lbs. I heard that at these figures I will lose much slower.

Does anybody have any experience being short and in the lower 200's?

How fast did you lose? (I know a slower rate is best but realistically with WLS its different)

I'm getting Gastric Sleeve April 2018!!!!!!!!!! Yayy!!!!!!!

44 minutes ago, mitchjoann132010 said:

How fast did you lose? (I know a slower rate is best but realistically with WLS its different)

Congrats on getting your surgery date! very exciting.

Your rate of weight loss is going to be a unique experience to you. There is no way to predict how fast/slow your weight loss will be.

This is not a race. You will lose weight is what's important. :)

Weight loss is personalized to you, your body, how well you follow the program and willingness not to fail. Someone in my support group had posted this.

B9AF9F2D-1292-48BC-9B96-F4EED8485E03.jpeg

I'm 5'2 and started at 225, so similar to yours

I don't see how these numbers would make us lose slower, i think it's very individual and based on diet and exercise as well.

I'm only 5 days post sleeve so i can't say yet.

Good luck!

43 minutes ago, Sleevedvee said:

I'm 5'2 and started at 225, so similar to yours

I don't see how these numbers would make us lose slower, i think it's very individual and based on diet and exercise as well.

I'm only 5 days post sleeve so i can't say yet.

Good luck!

The reason I heard that it would be slower is we have a lot less to lose than say someone who is 300+ lbs. It is similar to why someone who is 125lbs finds it harder to lose 5 lbs because. I am much closer to my goal weight (not close enough, which is why I'm having the surgery) than someone heavier. Someone who is heavier could lose 60 pounds easily in 2-3 months after sleeve vs someon in lower 200's would only average around 20-30.

I am just wondering on other's whose statistics are closer to mine, how their experience has been for them thus far.

I look forward to hearing your guys' journeys.

1 hour ago, Sleeve1stFitNext said:

Weight loss is personalized to you, your body, how well you follow the program and willingness not to fail. Someone in my support group had posted this.

B9AF9F2D-1292-48BC-9B96-F4EED8485E03.jpeg

This is Awesome!! Thank you so much!!

3 hours ago, jenn1 said:

Congrats on getting your surgery date! very exciting.

Your rate of weight loss is going to be a unique experience to you. There is no way to predict how fast/slow your weight loss will be.

This is not a race. You will lose weight is what's important. :)

I don't want to lose too fast to give my body to adjust to the size. Thank you so much I am very nervous!!!

The reason I heard that it would be slower is we have a lot less to lose than say someone who is 300+ lbs. It is similar to why someone who is 125lbs finds it harder to lose 5 lbs because. I am much closer to my goal weight (not close enough, which is why I'm having the surgery) than someone heavier. Someone who is heavier could lose 60 pounds easily in 2-3 months after sleeve vs someon in lower 200's would only average around 20-30.
I am just wondering on other's whose statistics are closer to mine, how their experience has been for them thus far.
I look forward to hearing your guys' journeys.

I thought of that too, it might be less as a 300+ lbs person in the same amount of time, but it'll be relative still, that's what I'm expecting.
The way my dr put it is that the surgery will help you lose 70% of excess weight, and i would think I'll get there at the one year mark.

But this is an interesting thought that you brought up, let's stay in touch and see how this goes!!

B9AF9F2D-1292-48BC-9B96-F4EED8485E03.thumb.jpeg.b0cd1a11cf5558e310e25eadd29f9dc3.jpeg

Did it happen to have one category lower I started at 180 and I know I will lose slower but would love and idea

Pre op diet 188
Surgery day 180
Cw 172.8

If it helps i was sleeved on 13th and have lost 7.2 pounds in six days I don’t know if it will stop for abit in next coming days I wish I had an idea. I am worried I will gain some back on full liquids which I will start tomorrow.

Pre op diet 188
Surgery day 180
Cw 172.8

B9AF9F2D-1292-48BC-9B96-F4EED8485E03.thumb.jpeg.b0cd1a11cf5558e310e25eadd29f9dc3.jpeg

This makes me feel better. I'm 3 months out and down 60. I thought I was losing too slowly.

I started at 370.

I'm 310 now.

Surgery was 11/21

Sent from my Z981 using BariatricPal mobile app

8 hours ago, Changing4me1 said:

Did it happen to have one category lower I started at 180 and I know I will lose slower but would love and idea

Pre op diet 188
Surgery day 180
Cw 172.8

Sorry, this was something a lady in my support group posted. I do not think her doctor had an idea for patients under 200 lbs starting.

6 hours ago, porcelainxdoll1716 said:

This makes me feel better. I'm 3 months out and down 60. I thought I was losing too slowly.

I started at 370.

I'm 310 now.

Surgery was 11/21

Sent from my Z981 using BariatricPal mobile app

Remember, no matter how slow you think you are losing. Progress is still progress.

Also, you can try dividing your weight loss. So you lost 20lbs a month average, 5lbs a week average. That is a great amount of loss.

Pre op - 250
Surgery day 244 July 17
Now 163

Weightloss has been awsome. With bumps in the road. But generally good.

Sent from my Vivo 5R using Tapatalk

I'm 5.2

Sent from my Vivo 5R using Tapatalk