Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone! I was banded on August 20, 2003. Still in the new stage, liquids only. Good news is that I am not hungry. I have my one week follow-up tomorrow. Ready to get the staples out. My dr. did not give any pain meds only Tylenol liquid, so I am very glad that I am past the first 2-3 days :-). Love reading everything everyone has to say!!!

Hey Kelli. I think we might have met yesturday at Dr. Speigel's office. I had the little girl with me, my name is Candace. You told me about this web site, so here I am. How did your appointment go? Did you get your staples out? Dr. Speigel said he thought I would be a great canidiate for the surgery, so now I just have to wait on my insurance. I just wanted to say hi. Hope all is well with you. It was nice meeting you.

Candace

Hey!! Yea it is me!! Yes I got the stapled out and I feel alot better!! Back at work today:-( Keep me posted on your insurance..

Hey Wendy! My port site is not that sore any more; I can sleep on my stomach now:-) I just went and got me some Protein Shakes last night and I am gonna start having them for breakfasts. As of Wednesday I had lost 14 lbs! Keep in touch and good luck on your weight loss

Hey, it's Kelly & Wendy, my Bandster twins!

My port site is less and less sore every day, and last night I found myself sleeping right on it, on my left side. Cool! My loss is right at about 11 lbs in 10 days--can't complain about that, either.

I'm exploring the world of mushy foods with a vengeance, looking for things to keep me satisfied between meals. I had scrambled eggs for Breakfast this morning--yum!! But before we left on a shopping trip only 2 hours later I was hungry again, so I had the rest of last might's mashed potatoes. And stomach growling when we returned two hours after that.

This is going to take work, I can see that now... :rolleyes: But I'm feeling terrific with regard to the surgery ten days out. Yay!

Guest CBY55

Hello kellimoos, Wendy and Alexandria,

I was also banded 8/20, weight loss has been great, though I know some of it was Fluid (because I have thin ankles now!). Only liquids since then, but I am going back to work tomorrow and plan to have some eggs for Breakfast and some salmon salad for lunch. I haven't been getting but about 200-300 calories a day, so I need to start getting more before starvation mode totally shuts down my metabolism.

I had a lot of the carbon dioxide gas pain after surgery, settled in my neck and shoulders, but it is finally gone, and haven't had anysurgery associated discomfort in the last couple of days, other than stomach screaming for food. Luckily I haven't been head or mouth hungry, hope it stays that way.

Well, keep me in mind as I try to work and add mush to my diet all on the same day. Do you think that's wise?

Cindy

Cindy, my ankles are thin too! I must say, that's a really cool thing. My summer shoes are finally not pinching!

I think you'll do absolutely fine tomorrow. Remember, the mushy food thing at this point isn't to avoid food getting stuck or PBing or anything nasty like that; it's to continue to allow your stomach to heal. You've been out of surgery for 10 days now, and mushy food won't be a problem at all.

Have a good day at work! I'm looking forward to going back myself. Three days at home with the kiddies and I'm ready for a good long snooze at my desk. :rolleyes:

Hi

I wasn't banded on the 20th - but a few days after you all on the 26th. I am also going back to work tomorrow (I actually went in today for a few hours to check the mail, etc.) AND, I also am getting skinny ankles! (I'm not sure I'd really say skinny yet, but they are getting there!)

I've been on Clear Liquids for the last week and have been doing OK. I've been having a clear liquid Protein drink - no fat, no carbs, and 40 grams of Protein - so I really haven't been hungry (I'm amazed). But, I am having only 3-400 calories a day and am getting worried about "starvation" mode.

I see the doctor on Wednesday for post op (that will be 1 week, 1 day) and was going to wait until I see him before I start full liquids. I can't wait for the mushy phase though. I think anything will be delicious!

I know I've lost some weight already - even if it's primarily Water weight. And I know that this will be slow. But I must say, there's the emotional part of me that feels like I should have lost 100 pounds by now - with how little I've been eating! :rolleyes:

Good luck to all of you (us) who are going back to work tomorrow.

Mary

Thanks!! I know what you mean about thinking you should have lost 100 lbs by now!!!! Remember even though you aren't losing weight to get the tape measure and watch the inches melt off. Hope your appt goes well!! Good Luck at work!