Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone. So on Jan 30th I finally had my surgery ! :D my surgery went great. My only issue that I have is gas pain. I can’t seem to get rid of it. It’s so uncomfortable and I’ve been walking but nothing seems to help. Any other ideas to help get rid of it?

I love PAPAYA ENZYMES. They help with the gas and aids in digestion. They are 100% natural. But before you use them please ask your Dr. The great thing about them is they cost less than $5.00 at Walmart. I have used them all thru my Weight loss. I didn't have gas to bad after my surgery but if I eat certain things I get it big time, Milk is a real bad one for me. Even if I have a small piece of milk chocolate it swells my tummy out like a drum. LOL

Hello everyone. So on Jan 30th I finally had my surgery ! [emoji3] my surgery went great. My only issue that I have is gas pain. I can’t seem to get rid of it. It’s so uncomfortable and I’ve been walking but nothing seems to help. Any other ideas to help get rid of it?

Surgery date twin!! How are you feeling??

1 hour ago, sleeveedTee said:

Surgery date twin!! How are you feeling??

Oh wow ! Yay so happy to hear someone had this on the same day. I’ve just started feeling good honestly. The first couple of days were pretty tough for me :( I had to stay an extra night in the hospital because of the pain and I wasn’t holding the Water down but today I feels wayyy better. Still a little fatigue but I was able to go out and walk around the supermarket (which was torture because of all the food lol) but it was nice to get out. I’ve been mentally missing food lol I get bummed when I see other people eat it but I remind my self that the liquid diet is temporary and I know soon enough I’ll be able to eat again. With moderation of course :) how are you feeling ?

12 minutes ago, ronda81 said:

Heyyyyyyyyy Twins I had mine done on the 30th

Yayyy!! I’m seriously so happy to find other people who’ve had it the same day. How are you feeling today and how did yours go?

How are you feeling?!

Today is much better. I can’t really get Protein down and the fact that i have to sip anything is annoying lol. I miss soda...i could definitely go for a nice cold ginger ale or Pepsi [emoji30] but so far so good. Applesauce, popsicles and juice mixed with Water are my best friends! I don’t know when I’m full so i keep drinking. Have you felt full yet?

2 minutes ago, sleeveedTee said:

Today is much better. I can’t really get Protein down and the fact that i have to sip anything is annoying lol. I miss soda...i could definitely go for a nice cold ginger ale or Pepsi but so far so good. Applesauce, popsicles and juice mixed with Water are my best friends! I don’t know when I’m full so i keep drinking. Have you felt full yet?

I start my Protein Shakes tomorrow and I already know I’m gonna have a problem with them! For the first time today though I heard my stomach growl a little and I was like “holy crap am I hungry?” Lol but as far as feeling full I don’t even feel hungry and my surgeon is only allowing me to drink Water and low calorie until tomorrow but with drinking them I don’t need feel the need to keep drinking if that makes sense lol guess once I start healing and I’m able to introduce myself to some kind of food I’ll see see whether or not I get full. I’m not hungry though. Omg I miss soda too so so so much!! That was my addiction. Makes me a little depressed but I know this is what’s best for my health. Applesauce mixed with water? How is that? Lol

I start my Protein Shakes tomorrow and I already know I’m gonna have a problem with them! For the first time today though I heard my stomach growl a little and I was like “holy crap am I hungry?” Lol but as far as feeling full I don’t even feel hungry and my surgeon is only allowing me to drink Water and low calorie until tomorrow but with drinking them I don’t need feel the need to keep drinking if that makes sense lol guess once I start healing and I’m able to introduce myself to some kind of food I’ll see see whether or not I get full. I’m not hungry though. Omg I miss soda too so so so much!! That was my addiction. Makes me a little depressed but I know this is what’s best for my health. Applesauce mixed with Water? How is that? Lol

Lol no just regular applesauce unsweetened of course. I eat it with a baby spoon. I’ve had growling but didn’t know actually what it meant. I’ve had sharp pains too when i drink something really cold. I haven’t bought a scale to see how much I’ve lost so far since surgery date, but i have had some NSV. My watch i got for my bday was tight and i can put a finger underneath... my class ring is spinning around my finger now. I guess I’ll go get a scale after my 2 week appointment next Friday

2 minutes ago, sleeveedTee said:

Lol no just regular applesauce unsweetened of course. I eat it with a baby spoon. I’ve had growling but didn’t know actually what it meant. I’ve had sharp pains too when i drink something really cold. I haven’t bought a scale to see how much I’ve lost so far since surgery date, but i have had some NSV. My watch i got for my bday was tight and i can put a finger underneath... my class ring is spinning around my finger now. I guess I’ll go get a scale after my 2 week appointment next Friday

I haven’t gotten a scale either but I’ve noticed as well. My wedding ring fits more comfortably as before it was a little tight. I can tell in my face too so I’m excited to see how much I’ve lost. My first post op is actually this Monday so I will find out how much I’ve lost :) I can’t wait. I don’t know when I’ll buy a scale. Before when I tried dieting i got so obsessed with it that it discouraged me so I might hold off for a bit. Lol I know this sounds bad but I’m looking forward to being 3-4 weeks out just so I could have some scrambled eggs! I miss eggs. Or even a tuna salad or chicken salad. Yum!!!

I haven’t gotten a scale either but I’ve noticed as well. My wedding ring fits more comfortably as before it was a little tight. I can tell in my face too so I’m excited to see how much I’ve lost. My first post op is actually this Monday so I will find out how much I’ve lost [emoji4] I can’t wait. I don’t know when I’ll buy a scale. Before when I tried dieting i got so obsessed with it that it discouraged me so I might hold off for a bit. Lol I know this sounds bad but I’m looking forward to being 3-4 weeks out just so I could have some scrambled eggs! I miss eggs. Or even a tuna salad or chicken salad. Yum!!!

Yes!!! I miss salmon! I’m hoping that we don’t have to sip forever... i miss just drinking Water and not worrying about sips