Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cigna open access plus

Does anyone in idaho or with this insurance know how hard it is to get the approval after the required nutrien appointments are complete, the psychological eval is done, the doctor referral is done, and the upper GI is complete? I looked through my plan and I'm basically a gold star candidate... I just get so nervous about being denied at the end. I'm nervous I'll gain weight during the 90 days of required nutrian appointments and get denied any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

I live in Texas but this is the insurance that I have I had my surgery December 1st 2017 it took eight days for me to get my approval after everything was submitted to the insurance. I had a revision surgery converted from Lap-Band to gastric sleeve.

I live in Texas but this is the insurance that I have I had my surgery December 1st 2017 it took eight days for me to get my approval after everything was submitted to the insurance. I had a revision surgery converted from Lap-Band to gastric sleeve.

So no problems with them? I over think things ... congrats on the surgery though.. how have been post op?

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

I’m in Texas too and have the same insurance. I was a gold star candidate as well. Mine was submitted and approved less than a day. 😊 my advice, stay on top of your team. Ask them when they’ll submit the paperwork. Then call cigna and ask if they’ve received it and if there’s a status they can give you. I think that’s what made my approval go so quick. Don’t worry hon, it should be fine for you too.

oh, and I didn’t gain nor lose until I was stuck on a two week pre-op. Lol. Then I lost like five pounds. Cigna goes by your starting weight anyhow, so you should be in the clear. Another thing...

take a deep breath! Now breathe.......😁

Edited by Newme17

I’m in Texas also with the same insurance. I just started my nutrition visits a couple weeks ago, have already had my psych evaluation (no clue if I “passed”), and x rays and an ultrasound. I see the surgeon on February 5th so hopefully he knows.

I’m nervous about being denied as well, but the above comments are comforting! Thank you for the advice. My coordinator told me that Cigna usually responds in less than 2 business days once they submit.

I’m glad that you say Cigna goes off your starting weight. I’m always worried that my scale at home is different than the office, or clothes or Water retention etc will make it seem like I gained! Currently in the process of finding some Protein Drinks I can stand in preparation for the pre-op diet in a few months.

I’m in Texas also with the same insurance. I just started my nutrition visits a couple weeks ago, have already had my psych evaluation (no clue if I “passed”), and x rays and an ultrasound. I see the surgeon on February 5th so hopefully he knows.

I’m nervous about being denied as well, but the above comments are comforting! Thank you for the advice. My coordinator told me that Cigna usually responds in less than 2 business days once they submit.

I’m glad that you say Cigna goes off your starting weight. I’m always worried that my scale at home is different than the office, or clothes or Water retention etc will make it seem like I gained! Currently in the process of finding some Protein Drinks I can stand in preparation for the pre-op diet in a few months.

I just don't see where it even says if you do gain weight during your 4 months nutritional appointments that they deny you I know that Blue Cross Blue Shield will but I don't see anywhere where Cigna says that they do that it's not that I plan on gaining weight that's the last thing I want to do it just does make me nervous because like you said Water weight stress I just get so worried about stuff like that does anybody know if Cigna does actually deny you for weight gain?

I just don't see where it even says if you do gain weight during your 4 months nutritional appointments that they deny you I know that Blue Cross Blue Shield will but I don't see anywhere where Cigna says that they do that it's not that I plan on gaining weight that's the last thing I want to do it just does make me nervous because like you said Water weight stress I just get so worried about stuff like that does anybody know if Cigna does actually deny you for weight gain?

I haven’t seen anything that suggests they deny you if you gain weight, other than I think one other comment in some other thread. I’m just trying to err on the side of caution because I’m sure as an insurance company I wouldn’t put it past them to try to deny. I’ve read a lot of stories of denials turning into approvals though.