Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OMG. I’m on mushies and have been tolerating everything so far. Tonight I decided to go a little rogue and went out to Indian food with my family. I’m not sure if it’s strictly a cheat, because all the food was very mushy, but I’m sure the sauces had sugar in them. I ate no bread or starches, so I don’t feel too bad about it. I feel almost high and elated. It was so good. I got everything mild, and nothing disagreed with me. If you are in mushy stage and you’re bored of what you’re eating, I highly recommend Indian food. Of course you have to get the vegetarian stuff with no chunks of meat in them. It was sooooo good!!

I had been trying solids, chewed to mush, but no go. Painful. Back to Protein Drinks, cottage cheese and yogurt. I know that even though it smells good, I will pay for it later.

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Omg curry is all I crave, the hotter the better, I'm four months post op and its my treat weekly, still only eat about a cup full or less with mainly gravy and a little rice, this is my new take out

Sent from my HUAWEI TAG-L22 using BariatricPal mobile app

I would think that Indian food with meat would be ok since it’s a wet cooking method.

Spices haven’t bothered me, other than not being able to take a sip of Water afterwards, but I went to Chipotle last weekend and got a burrito bowl that was just steak and cheese and pico and that did NOT agree with me. I re-read my binder and it said I can’t eat raw vegetables for another week and a half, oops.

Bowl, what a concept. I am still in the baby spoon stage.

11 minutes ago, DaleAnn said:

Bowl, what a concept. I am still in the baby spoon stage.

I ate 1/4 of it.

Ok you have graduated to teaspoon. I guess that is what we need to expect. Quality not quantity.

I would think that Indian food with meat would be ok since it’s a wet cooking method.

Yes, but I’m only 3 weeks post op. So not yet. Eventually!

Ok you have graduated to teaspoon. I guess that is what we need to expect. Quality not quantity.

I ate at least 3/4 a cup tonight and could’ve eaten more. I stopped myself because I’m afraid of eating too much. I get no full feeling or discomfort. Very unusual for only 3 weeks post op. I hope that will come with time. It was so hard to stop!

I had been trying solids, chewed to mush, but no go. Painful. Back to Protein Drinks, cottage cheese and yogurt. I know that even though it smells good, I will pay for it later.

The Indian food went down better than cottage cheese. Try it. The veggies are super soft and it’s mostly yummy gravy.

The Indian food went down better than cottage cheese. Try it. The veggies are super soft and it’s mostly yummy gravy.

I can't believe you were able to get 3/4 cup down. You are lucky. If I eat more than 2 tablespoons I throw up. But the Indian food sounds so yummy. I had some sauce from lasagna and it didn't stay down tonight. I am a month out from surgery. Should have stuck to yogurt.

51 minutes ago, DaleAnn said:

I can't believe you were able to get 3/4 cup down. You are lucky. If I eat more than 2 tablespoons I throw up. But the Indian food sounds so yummy. I had some sauce from lasagna and it didn't stay down tonight. I am a month out from surgery. Should have stuck to yogurt.

I honestly can’t decide if I’m lucky. In the short term I certainly am. I have zero problems so far. But so far, not over eating boils down to pure willpower for me. I’m fresh out of surgery and super motivated now, so it’s working. But if I don’t feel limitation, and success relies just on my willpower, I’m afraid that long term I’ll be no more successful than I was dieting before surgery. So far I’ve lost 14lbs on the preop diet, and 14lbs since surgery. So far, so good!

im sorry you are having a hard time keeping things down. It sounds awful. Hang in there. Things change day by day.

7 hours ago, Lotte22 said:

I honestly can’t decide if I’m lucky. In the short term I certainly am. I have zero problems so far. But so far, not over eating boils down to pure willpower for me. I’m fresh out of surgery and super motivated now, so it’s working. But if I don’t feel limitation, and success relies just on my willpower, I’m afraid that long term I’ll be no more successful than I was dieting before surgery. So far I’ve lost 14lbs on the preop diet, and 14lbs since surgery. So far, so good!

im sorry you are having a hard time keeping things down. It sounds awful. Hang in there. Things change day by day.

The more calories you can take in, the more weight you will lose. So yes, you are lucky.