Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded Tuesday the 18th...need help!!!!

Today is Saturday..i think. I had my surgery Thursday and everything else has been a blur.

i keep having this feeling like i'm going to hicup or burp but i do neither.

Plus i threw up today (talk about pain).:rolleyes:

Is this normal.

i've been in a lot of pain so i have been taking mepergam 2 of them 3 times daily.

Any input would help...as i feel ike shit. :sick

My wife and I were both banded on October 16th. We both have the burping feeling, but it is slowly going away. Today is the 1st day that we both feel really good. Just take a lot of walks and your Gas-X and you will get through it.

thanks.

i haven't been very nice to my dh because i can hardly keep my eyes open at all and he is making me get up and walk around the house every 15 minutes

i do not have the strength to any farther.

If you guys are feeling better today then maybe i will be better my monday.

Did either one of you actually throw up IT IS VERY PAINFUL?

A lot of what you may be experiencing is gas pain. Some people have a good bit of it and some don't. I was one of the lucky ones that did'nt. It will soon disapear. Good Luck!

Hey there sweetie. I COMPLETELY understand where you are coming from, I got banded on tuesday the 16th and also had a hernia removed so i was in crazy pain and that gas like it feels like you want to burp or fart and none comes out. Yes I did throw up a couple times to get the gas out but that stopped by the next day when i started walking, getting back rubs (LOTS OF IT) and drinking peppermint tea. It gets better everyday. Today I did the Susan G.Komen 5k race and i walked and walked and walked. The pain is not completely gone but the walk was great. So hang in there my dear...AND THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!:rolleyes::)

did your doc give you nausea meds? if so take them- need to avoid the nausea as much as possible-nausea is probably caused by the anasthesia-sometimes it takes awhile for it to get out of your system.

Ms Diva, are you in Arkansas the Susan G.Komen race was today here also. i'm not sure if it is a national thing or not.

stacy, the only thing that my doc gave me was the mepergan (sp), and i haven't wanted to take it today because it makes me so sleepy, and my dh and mom's want me to be out of the bed all day..and i can't because i'm too tired.

also, for those of you who have used the heating pads, are you using them on your belly, too, or are you just using them for you back?

i have not been taking phazyme or anthing, but if you guys think that it will help, i wall get some.

There were 4 things that helped me during recovery.

Gas-X strips, My heating pad (on my stomach), walking and hot tea. Well, and very supportive husband, he was my rock and who I leaned on while walking.

hey bandster i am in dallas, tx. i actually had an ice pack and put it on my stomach as often as possible. i know its hard to get up when everything hurts so bad but try cos the opposite of what you want to do is what will help you now. hang in there!

The needing to burp thing gradually went away with me. Then when I could burp it was like it came from clear down in my knees. Our Doctor told us they absolutely DID NOT want us to throw up. I would call the doctor and let them advise you on that.

Hi Hon,

I got banded on Tuesday as well and I have to say that my anti-nausea tablets ( dissolvable) were my life savers!! The pain killers that I was on had the same effect as yours seem to be, and it is only now that I have stopped them that I realise that it was them that wre making me feel sick and tired ( still needed them though!!)

Also I munched on anti gas tablets as often as I was allowed and took lactulose to keep everything moving ( which it did last night not and experiance I would want to repeat!!LOL)

I know that your DH has your best interests at heart but there has to be a degree of listen to your body too! I pretty much slept the first 3 days away and boy did I feel better for it!

I feel much better today, just sore where the cuts and port are, have faith hon it will get better, little steps thats all!

Love and a hug ( cos I think you need it!)

NIna x

wasa--at the time that i threw up i was not eating anythikng. i had actually just got done b****ing at my dh for making me get out of bed because i didn't feel bad. i had thrown up the day before but i was more like heaves of air. however, right when he woke me up i started heaving for about 3 minutes and i literally could feel the Fluid go thru my stoma and come up into my throte. that was a weird feeling.

Since Thursday i have had 3 carn sugar free instant breakfast's, 1 cup of better than boullion beef broth, 1/4 cup of runny mashed potatatoes (thanks to my mom), and 1/4 cup of pureed black eyed peas (those were awesome) and a few glasses of gatorade and Water. the gatorade goes down easier. i also take milk of magnesia twice a day per doctor's orders and i am taking phazyme twice a day.

i am not as nauseous today as i was. i quit taking my pain meds and i am now just dealing with it.

i thought i was going to be able to go back to work tomorrow..but that i WAY OUT of the question..i'm still loopy.

i do not hurt as much now in my stomach, but each time i stand up and move around i feel this tightening in my upper abdomen, is that the band that i feel or what?

honestly i am looking forward to being here all by myself tomorrow, i am FREAKIN' TIRED AS HELL and my doctor told my dh no bed, so i only get to sleep at night.

(my doctor is extremely cautious of clots we where the compression things on our legs and he give us a blood thinner before surgery).

thanks for all of you help..i'm taking this one day at a time..

but i do have to say that runny mashed potat never tasted so good in my life.

Does your doc prescribe a Clear liquids diet immediately after banding?

Remember, full liquids is anything you can drink through a straw without a lot of force.

I question if you are pushing your diet a little fast. Most people will barf runny mashed potatoes and pureed peas immediately out of surgery. I think you should contact your doc's office, let him know what you are eating and how much you are barfing.

Is your mepergan in pill form? I'm surprised they gave you pills to take right out from surgery. I don't know if that could be causing you to throw up. I second what wasa said, I would definitely NOT be eating mashed potatoes and peas a few days out from surgery. These are considered mushies, not liquids. Even if your doc said it was ok, it seems to be causing you problems. If you don't want to take the mepergan, try some liquid tylenol. That will help some with the pain. Also, I would ask your doc if you can take some Emetrol. It is a liquid nausea medicine that works great. You definitely don't want to keep throwing up this soon after surgery. Good luck and hope you feel better soon.