Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i need someones help please

:help:i needed to know if anyone knows the signs of a slippage. every time i eat i get that stuck feeling, even if its a small bit. but im able to drink liquids ok mabey once in awhile if i drink to fast ill throw it up . but i dont know whats gonig on asnd im to asshamed to go to the dr i feel like ive failed big time , and they will think i dont try but i do i really really do its not working please help me :think

Melanie, Melanie, Melanie!

BTW, Hi, I'm Ronda - I'm new here. Anyway, I actually don't know the signs of slippage, but I have strange instances occur too that sometimes makes me wonder. First thing, stay calm. Anxiety will make me hurl as fast as anything. Next, think about what's going on when you start to feel that "stuck" feeling - what are you eating --- how are you chewing ---- chances are, you're fine...but if you can't pinpoint anything, talk w/ your doc or nurse. Sure, your staff is going to get on you if you're not pulling your weight, but if they're worth their salt, they can talk with you, not at you, about ways to overcome some of this. I get discouraged too - and I'm losing just fine. I'm still adapting to the lifestyle. It's definitely worth it, but I've found getting anxious just makes things worse than they really are. PM me anytime you wanna talk. K?

: )

yes im watching what i eat and i chew at least 20-30 times per bite but hun it doesnt work nothing work. thank you so much for the reply

Don't forget the Dr. works for you. Don't risk your health or your piece of mind by not calling. Call on Monday morning and find out for sure.

Cleone

Have you had a fill? If so, maybe you need a slight unfill. Maybe stay on liquids til you see the Doctor too. I have read that on here. You may be inflamed and swollen some. Definitely call the Doc, my Doctor degree expired a long time ago! LOL

I just got my band a couple of months ago, but I've been lurking here for a long time. Some of the things I've read by people suggest that before eating you try drinking something hot- like tea, to loosen the band. However, if your symptoms continue, you may just need to get a little saline removed from your band. You are not a failure, none of us are, you just need a little help to get to the right fill spot.

Let us know how things work out..

Jane

Go see your doc and get an unfill/check-up under fluoro and find out once and for all what the problem is. It might be an overfill, might be a little swelling, might be a slip, maybe maybe maybe. Find out for sure.

Good luck to you!

Sounds like you were filled too much - even if the fill did not seem like alot - a little dab will do ya! I had the same experience (and i was scared too!) and just got a little unfilled.

That happened to me once... I talked to my doctor and he unfilled the band a little and problem solved!

You don't need to be ashamed to go to your doctor for advice. Mine, must be tired of me, I ask so many questions!

I've been restricted for about 6-7 weeks and have had instances of stuck food/slime/expelling it...

Over the past few days, I'm choking on my own slober. I can't even hold down grits or oatmeal.

I've heard of restriction kicking in a few weeks after...but this is rediculous. Not worried about anything...yet. It's only been 2 days. I've also heard that restriction only lasts so long so I'm hoping to wait this out. The worse thing I could do is get an unfill only to find this was temporary swelling or something.

But go with your gut instinct. Call the doc if you need to.

GraceUtah

I spoke with the Dr. about the unusual tightness and slobber issue. Mine lasted a little more than a week - ABSOLUTELY NOTHING would go down and everything was coming up (yep, slobber too) - it was the point I lost 10 pounds in one week and feeling weak (dehydrated also). I broke down and went to the Dr.

I was unfilled all the way - while the needle was still in me, had to drink a liter of Water right then and there (I never appreciated Water more in my life!). Then filled me back up - but 0.2cc less than what was in. (0.2cc was the amount of my previous fill for a total of 2.4cc).

The Dr. told me if this happens again - rule of thumb. Dont eat or drink for 1 entire day - there is swelling and irritation going on and you need to let things settle. Then, for 2 days you only have liquids (just like post surgery!). Water, juice, gaterade and Soups (not creamed base - that produces more phlem). Then slowly start intergrating your regular food back in to your diet.

Things have been good - going to get that other 0.2cc fill again next week and see where we go!

Good luck!