Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for Kaiser patients

I'm way at the beginning of my wls Quest. My doctor approved my request to be a wls candidate so I'm now waiting for instructions. This is all through Kaiser Northern California. I'm looking for people that have had their wls with Kaiser. What were the steps you took to get the ball rolling? Which wls did you have? I'd like to know what the preop is like. I'd like to find out which surgery you considered. Basically just on an information search while I'm waiting. Thank you in advance.

candy

I’m having my surgery at Kaiser in Northern California tomorrow morning! I attended orientation about 5 months ago. I went to a nutritionist, psychologist, met with surgeons couple times. The process went by pretty quickly and smoothly.

@CaliforniaCandyI had VSG in Kaiser South Sacramento 10/16. My initial consultation was 08/11 and had all my appointments crammed in as quickly as I could. You will have nutrition classes, support group meetings, surgeon consult, psych appt, etc. Feel free to ask any questions.

Thanks,

Mike

Fremont kaiser! I will be getting surgery soon! Which facility are you going to start the process at?

Luckily my job is flexible, so when scheduling the next appointment, I asked for the next available and was able to speed things along that way.

I have started with Kaiser Atlanta .... went to first class last week. Had my psych intake tonight....I will meet with the thapist Dec 21. I have my first meeting with the Nutritionist tomorrow and blood work tomorrow. Meeting with my GP on Nov. 30 th.....so far so good.

I don't know which Kaiser I'll have the surgery at. My pcp is in Petaluma but I think there are only three locations in northern California where they do the surgery. Possibly Richmond. My pcp is on vaca for Thanksgiving and won't be back until Monday, the 27th. I'll ask if he's sent the referral then. Till then, I'm reading everything I can on this site. I'm definitely learning a lot.

Well, today I confirmed with my pcp that huge made the referral so now I just wait on pins and needles for the bariactric department to call me to schedule my first appointment. I've already checked with Kaiser's benefits department and the procedure is covered. So now I can't wait for my first appointment.

Wish me luck.

Candy

@MG1776

Mike, I add a couple questions about pre-op testing.

I have my orientation scheduled for 1/6/18 and a phone appointment with my surgeon 1/13/18.

Did Kaiser require a sleep study?

I had other questions but you already answered them in your previous post.

Thanks!

Candy

I’m having my surgery at Kaiser in Northern California tomorrow morning! I attended orientation about 5 months ago. I went to a nutritionist, psychologist, met with surgeons couple times. The process went by pretty quickly and smoothly.

Bits,

How did your surgery go? Let us know when you're up for it.

Candy

@CaliforniaCandyKaiser did not require a sleep study. I made the surgery and the entire process a priority and took the first available for whatever the next step was so that I could get through the process as quickly as possible. This may work for some, and not for others. I was ready for the change and was taking the steps needed to change my habits and get approved. It's been a blessing. This coming Monday will mark 8 weeks since surgery, and I'm happy to say that today I've lost 42 lbs since 10/16/17.