Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Super Nervous and Unsure??

My husband passed away earlier this year. We have a very young daughter together. His passing was the catalyst for me and this surgery because I want to be healthy and around for my daughter. I have struggled with my weight for a while now, plus health issues, and family history.

My surgery is scheduled for 12/4 and I’m getting really nervous! What if I do this to be healthier for my daughter and myself but instead I die during surgery and leave her with NO parents??

Also, lesser concerns, but I’m suppose to start my two week pre-surgery diet next week and I already feel embarrassed and like I’m going to fail because it’s my daughter’s birthday AND Thanksgiving. I’m also worried about judgement or being embarrassed in front of my family. They know and have been super supportive, so I think it’s mainly in my head and nothing that they’ve said or done, but the thoughts are still there. And so much more but I’ll just ramble.

My husband passed away earlier this year. We have a very young daughter together. His passing was the catalyst for me and this surgery because I want to be healthy and around for my daughter. I have struggled with my weight for a while now, plus health issues, and family history.
My surgery is scheduled for 12/4 and I’m getting really nervous! What if I do this to be healthier for my daughter and myself but instead I die during surgery and leave her with NO parents??
Also, lesser concerns, but I’m suppose to start my two week pre-surgery diet next week and I already feel embarrassed and like I’m going to fail because it’s my daughter’s birthday AND Thanksgiving. I’m also worried about judgement or being embarrassed in front of my family. They know and have been super supportive, so I think it’s mainly in my head and nothing that they’ve said or done, but the thoughts are still there. And so much more but I’ll just ramble.

I think you have made a great decision for you and your daughter. Your husband would be so proud of you. [emoji4]Your daughter needs you and this will improve your health dramatically.
I just had mine on 10/28/17 and I was scared too. I was soooo happy after it was over. Now I am THRILLED I DID IT. You can do this and you will have everyone here for support afterwards.
You got this!!!

5' 5"
HW: 259
CW: 235
GOAL: Healthy and hard 140-ish?

You are making the right decision. Yes there is always a chance for complications but life is complicated or can be. You stay strong and brave and show your child never give up. Your family and friends should be supportive and most likely will be. You are making a life long decision. I was very scared and pissy before surgery. I almost did not go through with it because my surgeon had an emergency and i was in pre op Forever! I got so mad i just about ripped my IV out. So fast forward 11 months later and 130 lbs skinnier...one of the best decisions I have made. You can do this!

Sent from my SM-G920P using BariatricPal mobile app

I felt the same way. I’m a single disable mom of one daughter. My ex is in prison and for along time so he’s not in the picture if something was to happen to me and I was really worried about it because I almost died 2 years ago from sepsis 3 times... but having my sleeve so far has been one of the best decisions of my life. I’m 11 days post op now.

On 11/16/2017 at 11:55 PM, aberry said: