Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I’m a little over 3 weeks away from surgery and trying to prepare. What kind of Vitamins did everyone like best? What did you eat in the liquid phase post op? What about purees? I’m a bit of an OCD planned and starting to panic a bit because I don’t have anything prepared.

I am planning also - Oct 19th here. liquid stage I was told to get sugar free Jello, Water enhancers like Crystal light, and broth. I am using Bone Broth because it provides a lot of Protein. I got a recipe from someone on here and made some up - very good! You can also purchase it but it's pretty costly. I also understand sugar free Popsicles are good to have on hand and diet fruit juice diluted. I purchased a Tespo machine and love it! You can purchase bariatric Vitamins for both men and women along with other options. I've seen others here like the patch vitamins but my doc said he doesn't believe they do as well as the Tespo does but that's just his opinion. For the puree stage I have black Beans I pureed (yes I'm OCD too and have stuff ready already lol) and pea Soup pureed. I'll grab some unsweetened applesauce and sugar free pudding and yams to mash also. I'll be using Arbonne Protein Shakes because I've used them for years and love the taste and they have 20 grams of protein per serving. I'll be following you to see what else others suggest :).

Hello all, October 17th here! Bags of mixed emotions but I can't wait to start this journey!!!

Check this out- I had to work the past two Saturdays and so I took the liberty of printing out this lovely blogsters (is that even a word?) recipes and happenings Phase by Phase. I put it all in a lovely binder for later reference. (Please note that I worked from home for over two months with no reimbursement for paper or ink so HA no guilt here!!)

She's amazing, funny, sassy and oh so yummy. The creator, I believe, of the now famous Ricotta Bake.

She provides way more and much better information than my surgeons affiliated weight loss center does.

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/?m=1

5 hours ago, mel1214 said:

Thank you for all of the info! I’m scheduled on October 19th as well. I’ll definitely find a recipe for bone broth and make that.
I’ve been looking at the Tespo, but I worry about being able to actually drink it if it tastes too much like Vitamins.

The flavor of the bariatric one is like Tang back in the day. It does not taste like vitamins! If you order through the link I attached you can get $30 off the machine. I think you can even google Tespo coupons and add a 2nd one at check out if you can find one to make the price even less. Bone Broth is so easy to make and I really enjoy it. Hope you do, too! Keep in touch!

4 hours ago, MissT_SR said:

Hello all, October 17th here! Bags of mixed emotions but I can't wait to start this journey!!!

Check this out- I had to work the past two Saturdays and so I took the liberty of printing out this lovely blogsters (is that even a word?) recipes and happenings Phase by Phase. I put it all in a lovely binder for later reference. (Please note that I worked from home for over two months with no reimbursement for paper or ink so HA no guilt here!!)

She's amazing, funny, sassy and oh so yummy. The creator, I believe, of the now famous Ricotta Bake.

She provides way more and much better information than my surgeons affiliated weight loss center does.

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/?m=1

Cool - thanks - I'll go check it out!

Two friends who have had WLS suggested I not buy or prepare too much of anything beforehand because, they said, one's tastes change after surgery and you might not be able to stomach the thought of what you have prepared. As a fellow planner that was quite disappointing!

42 minutes ago, Subaru said:

Two friends who have had WLS suggested I not buy or prepare too much of anything beforehand because, they said, one's tastes change after surgery and you might not be able to stomach the thought of what you have prepared. As a fellow planner that was quite disappointing!

I've read this as well - good advice, thanks!

Thank you for all of the info! I’m scheduled on October 19th as well. I’ll definitely find a recipe for Bone Broth and make that.
I’ve been looking at the Tespo, but I worry about being able to actually drink it if it tastes too much like Vitamins.

It’s taste like Tang to me.