Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm almost 6 months out from gastric bypass surgery. I've lost 85lbs so far but feeling frustrated with my latest stall. I haven't lost any weight for 3 weeks and have gone up 2lbs. I'm exercising and staying around 1200 calories a day. Is this normal? I still want to lose 30lbs so I'm feeling frustrated. I thought I would continue losing for one year. Any thoughts? Have others experienced the same?

I'm 12 weeks out from RNY Gastric Bypass, and I've been in a stall for 3 weeks now. I had consistently been averaging 5 pounds lost a week, until 3 weeks ago. Then it dropped to 2 pounds, now today I weigh myself, I only weigh in Monday's, and I've gained almost a pound back. I'm so frustrated, and afraid I'm going to fail at this, and it looks like I am.

I recently started exercising more, and that makes this weight loss stall even more frustrating. I am doing an hour of Water aerobics or an hour of walking, approx. 3 miles, 3 days a week. I participated in my first 5k last weekend.

I don't know what in doing wrong. If anyone has any advice, I'm all ears! Please help me!

5 hours ago, Nina K said:

I'm almost 6 months out from gastric bypass surgery. I've lost 85lbs so far but feeling frustrated with my latest stall. I haven't lost any weight for 3 weeks and have gone up 2lbs. I'm exercising and staying around 1200 calories a day. Is this normal? I still want to lose 30lbs so I'm feeling frustrated. I thought I would continue losing for one year. Any thoughts? Have others experienced the same?

1 - 1200cal/day is a bit much for a female looking to still lose after the first 85lbs. i'd get that closer to 800 until you reach your goal weight.

2 - there's literally an entire forum on this site dedicated to your question. that has been asked many, many, many

many

many, many

many times...

found here:
https://www.bariatricpal.com/forum/1102-dont-sweat-the-stall-stuff/

Wow, why can't some ppl just offer some advice and not also be annoying!

1200 calories sounds about right to me, depending on how much you weigh now and how fast you want to lose. 800, in my opinion, would be too low, you don't want to mess with you metabolism.
Also, if your a year out, the weight loss will slow but keep doing what your doing!!

Everyone here will have their own views and experiences. That's why we are here...to get different information and support from each other.

My papers from DR and NUT say 1000 to 1500 is a target with women at the lower end and men at the higher end. This is starting at week 6. I struggle to get 1000 calories and the NUT said 800 to 1000 would be good for me when I did a check in a few weeks ago. On my big gym days I add real Peanut Butter and 2% milk to help get my numbers up.

Sent from my SM-G920V using BariatricPal mobile app

You surgery was just 9 days before mine. I have also lost 85+ lbs. I have noticed that when I keep my kcal really low, I stall, when I increase, I start loosing again. I'm very active, average around 15 000 - 20 000 steps a day, gym (weights), nordic walking and swimming. I'm anywhere from 900 to 1200, sometimes even 1400 kcal a day. Just on Saturday I was out hiking, using an extra 1300 calories above my normal number. Eating just 1200 kcal is not going to cut it.

As for loosing for a year. Weight loss can stop at any time. Normal is between 6-12 months.

I lost pretty steadily up until this point, but now I'll drop like 3-4 lbs in a week, and then stall or gain for 2-3 weeks before I loose again.