Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Judge me, seriously.

What do you eat in a day? I make chicken meatballs using an ice cream scoop a few times a week as grab and go foods I can take to work. They're about 100 calories each. So far today I've had a Protein Shake, 2 meatballs, and a zucchini and chicken fritter I made from ground chicken and zucchini (duh). I'm starving but I'm afraid I'm eating too much. On abnormal day I'll usually eat 2 more times. I try to eat every 2-3 hours, but not after 8/9pm.

Thoughts and opinions welcome.

And also appreciated.

Not enough info....how far out are you after surgery? Exactly how many calories and grams of Protein? ETC?

Maybe add a lo calorie snack- I'm 12 weeks out this week- I eat 700-800 cal daily . If I feel hungry I eat a piece of fruit or cheese or Protein Bar (or half of one). I usually do a Premier Protein shake for Breakfast. Some turkey and cheese or fruit for lunch and something with Protein for dinner- maybe a skinny cow ice cream or yogurt for a snack. I've been told we should eat 3 times per day and maybe a snack too. If I'm feeling really hungry and I'm not sure why I'll have part of a Protein Shake.
Do you have a nutritionist? Check in with them too.

Mich W
Hw 223, SW 217 CW 185 GW 135

At 3 months out I was eating 600-800 calories. I am 15 months out now and eat around 1200 a day. I eat every few hours also. some people believe it should only be 3 times a day and some every 2-3 hours. Really everyone is different and everyone gets different recommendations from their nutritionist/surgeon.

It's so hard to give advice because we all get different instructions. There's some core principles, but the specifics are harder. My Protein goal was always between 80-100 grams per day. 60 seems low. More cottage cheese and eggs, soft food high in protein, if the goal is too hard to get to

3 months out I was told to stick to no more than 600 cal/ day. I went up to 800 at 6 months. I'm 8 months out now and still between 600-800. Goal is minimum 60g of Protein and try to get to 80. My program doesn't want anyone at 1000 calories unless your close to maintenance. No need to slow the loss during the surgery honeymoon phase. But what you listed doesn't add up to 1000 calories. Are you tracking all your food to make sure?

I'm curious about your eating every few hours thing and if that's messing you up. Are you actually hungry, or are you just wanting something to eat? My doctor's office is VERY serious about ONLY eating 3x a day, and I can understand the logic of it. It helps you get in a routine. When you only eat at certain times (I eat at 10, 2, and 7) then you're much less likely to snack at any other time.

I don't really get hungry between meals, though, which is why I'm curious if this is actually stomach hunger, or if it's head hunger...