Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One year Surgiversary!

One year ago today I had my RNY bypass done! One year later and I'm down 125lbs and I have lost a total of 90.5 inches!!!!

I feel amazing, my knees don't ache every time I move and my feet aren't so sore from carrying that much weight around!

I don't get winded walking up a flight of stairs anymore and have found that I love jogging and I love yoga and riding a bike is fun again!!

I still struggle with who I see in the mirror so I take a lot of pictures. I take measurements every month or so and I Celebrate with activities instead of food now.

What a difference a year can make!

IMG_5082.JPG

unbelievable! congrats.

you really need to update your sig.

Thanks!

And I went in and updated my signature! Lol

Thank you!

It's such a huge step you are taking! I still remember counting it down! The past year has flown by and I am still in this journey to build healthier habits and lifestyle choices. You have to learn to do a lot of things all over again but if you take advantage of this amazing tool you can gain so much more out of life!

Thank you!

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 0:31 PM, Jessh4579 said:

One year ago today I had my RNY bypass done! One year later and I'm down 125lbs and I have lost a total of 90.5 inches!!!!

I feel amazing, my knees don't ache every time I move and my feet aren't so sore from carrying that much weight around!

I don't get winded walking up a flight of stairs anymore and have found that I love jogging and I love yoga and riding a bike is fun again!!

I still struggle with who I see in the mirror so I take a lot of pictures. I take measurements every month or so and I Celebrate with activities instead of food now.

What a difference a year can make!

IMG_5082.JPG

Congratulations! My one year will be in October. I can not believe how fast the time has gone. I still do not recognize the person looking back at me in the mirror and still find it hard to take the snide comments (like you need to eat a cheeseburger, you have lost enough weight or my all time favorite, "You don't have AIDS do you?"). Keep up the great work and be proud of what you have accomplished.

What I have found is that a lot of times people just don't understand and that ignorance makes them come across as being mean or rude. The comments that people make about how much weight we've lost or how little we eat or how different we are from the people we used to be do get old but they also come from people not knowing what to say to us and not understanding what life is like for us now.

So we will keep rocking on and doing what we do and being healthier versions of ourselves and we will smile when people make stupid comments because in the end we are better than letting the ignorance of others steal our sparkle!

3 minutes ago, Jessh4579 said:

What I have found is that a lot of times people just don't understand and that ignorance makes them come across as being mean or rude. The comments that people make about how much weight we've lost or how little we eat or how different we are from the people we used to be do get old but they also come from people not knowing what to say to us and not understanding what life is like for us now.

So we will keep rocking on and doing what we do and being healthier versions of ourselves and we will smile when people make stupid comments because in the end we are better than letting the ignorance of others steal our sparkle!

Very true. BTW, you look great. Keep it up.