Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Junernys. There has to be a few people here who had RNY in June. I wanted to have a thread where we could all check in. How are you all doing?

My weight loss has slowed to a crawl. I need to go back to two shakes a day. I don't get enough Protein. I am also exhausted when I get home from work. I can't wait for the high energy to come.

RNY June 27, 2017

HW 276 SW 255 CW 227

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using BariatricPal mobile app

I forgot to add my Dr took me off my blood pressure medication. WOOT!

I had my surgery the day after you. about 6 weeks out. have lost 35lbs. so about 6 per week.

i'm also off the blood pressure meds.

it has been beyond smooth for me. the worst part was the gas pains the two days after surgery. but since then, zero problems. no nausea, no dumping, i can tolerate everything (all meats, salad greens, other "difficult foods").

it's also amazing how my tastes have changed. i never liked my coffee black before, always needed cream and splenda. now i love it black. my new stomach has an uncanny ability to tell healthy food from unhealthy. i ate a greasy chicken wing last week on an empty stomach. immediately felt full. but if i sit down to salad or Beans or grilled vegetables, i can eat quite a lot of it and really enjoy the meal like a normal person. and i've noticed that when i eat a lot of these foods (well, not a lot, but more than the 2oz/meal recommendation, maybe 4-5oz), my weight goes down faster than when i starve myself with shakes.

in short, i am very, very happy. the future seems bright.

Edited by JohnnyCakes

I am definitely going to start eating salads. I've missed them.

I'm doing well. Dense meats I can only take a couple of bites or I have problems. I eat mostly Beans, eggs, or dairy for Protein. I've lost 28lbs since surgery on June 29th. My doctor's office is very happy with my weightloss so far.

HW-292 • SW (6/29/17) 256.6 • CW 230.2

Hi! I had RNY on June 26! 7 weeks out and I am so exited to start salads.

I find it hard to eat slow, dime size, chew thoroughly and be able to get in the 1/4 cup for food at a meal in 20 minutes. How do you do it? If I pause after every bite, I can eat about 1 oz in 20 minutes.

So, I eat my 1/4 cup (eggs, ground meat, etc) slow but fast!? Small bites, chew well, but after I swallow I take another bite right away.

Otherwise I feel good. Lots of energy since have given up caffeine. I want to stay off of that.

I do need to exercise more but my job keeps me walking a lot.

I'm happy with my weight loss and have lost about 35 pounds since RNY.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches