Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

couch to 5k

i am going to start the Couch to 5K running program next week. anyone want to join me??

i found a podcast that times everything for you. tells you when the warm up is over and when to start running / jogging and when to go back to walking. it does have a 'techno'-esque type of music with it. it's not bad. for those of you who do not have iPods, he also has an MP3 file that can be either put on an MP3 player or burned onto a CD. :cool:

http://www.ullreys.com/robert/Podcasts/

you can find more info about the Couch to 5K program here - Cool Running :: The Couch-to-5K Running Plan

thanks for the links!

i do want to try....i was going to wait until i got under 200, but maybe that is silly. i will get there a lot faster running vs. walking, right?

have you started yet?

losing, great to see you back...I was also thinking about waiting on the couch to 5k, but maybe I'll join you. I'll have to get the podcast because I'd rather be outside running than at the gym with everyone watching me run!

i have not started yet. i plan to start Monday (the 15th) and do M - W - F running.

right now when i run, i walk for a few mins then run (5.0-5.2 mph) for 60 seconds then walk for 120, so this will really be a challenge to only walk for 90 then run again for 60. i will more than likely be repeating weeks, i will not push myself to the point of injury...

i love that quote too. i found it off another board. it's so true!! :cool:

I'll definately do it with you, I just have to figure out the whole podcast thing on my ipod, I downloaded a few a couple weeks ago, and they won't play on my ipod, just in itunes...

sorry, i didn't read the post carefully enough....i will join you, i like the option of repeating weeks if necessary.

so glad you thought of this!

I'll definately do it with you, I just have to figure out the whole podcast thing on my ipod, I downloaded a few a couple weeks ago, and they won't play on my ipod, just in itunes...

which iPod do you have? you may have to change the settings on your iPod.

when it is connected to your puter, click on your iPod (on the left hand side of the computer screen), there are tabs towards the top of iTunes, one may be Podcasts. just make sure that the podcasts that you want to have on your iPod are checked, then synch it again.

hth

Thanks losing, I'll check it out when I get home. I have the video ipod...

Ok Losing, just figured out the ipod situation and downloaded the podcast...ready to run (I THINK!!!)!!!

oh my goodness, I was reading what the 'plan' is, wouldn't I die doing all that? LOL!!

laura, you should definately join us, you probably wouldn't die. And besides, I'll probably stretch the weeks out, like do week 1 for 2 weeks.

I just listened to the first podcast and it is totally awesome...and it could be used on the elliptical too. Perfect. Thanks losing, this is not usually music that I listen to, but it really makes me want to work out!

I think I'll join ya'll, but I don't know if I can move past 2 weeks for a while. Who knows, maybe I will.. but at this point I'm just bug-eyed looking at it!!