Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Finding out the hard way!

Ok I had my sleeve surgery 21 days ago today. 2 days ago I really messed up. I went to my sisters house 2 days ago and she had cooked speghetti. My favorite. So I thought if I'd just mash it up good and chew it to pieces I could have a couple bites. BIG MISTAKE! That night I felt like I ate a brick. I was sick and hurting all night. Wasn't able to eat yesterday and ran to the bathroom at work all day. Today it took me 4 hours just to eat a yogurt. I lost 5 lbs in 3 days. But trust me it wasn't how I wanted to do it. It was very painful. I'm suppose to be on the pureed diet one more week then start soft foods. I work for a neurologist and he explained to me today that my intestines were stretching and sending signals to my brain that I had something foreign I shouldn't have inside me. Which caused the intestines to stretch even more. I felt like crap. So if you are like me and think a couple bites won't hurt trust me it will hurt. I've learned my lesson and will stick with my diet. I'm doing great I've lost 45 lbs in 3 weeks but it can't be good to do it this way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using BariatricPal mobile app

Wow! Congrats on the weight loss! Sorry for the difficult lesson!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe I just had the same with a part of a small chili (mushed up too) from Wendy's. Feels like a brick for sure, even hard to drink Water with the "full" feeling. Headache, no energy, and have that constipated feeling. Not quite ready for new foods, hard to know when though. Drinking the rest of my nutrition today, we will see what tomorrow brings.
We've got this though!!

HW 370, SW 350, SD 6/20/17

So sorry that happened to you.

I think Pasta is a food that should maybe never be eaten post-surgery. It just fills our sleeves up with no real nutrition. Try zucchini noodles instead once you are approved for soft foods. They taste great and you wont even miss the pasta.

I believe I just had the same with a part of a small chili (mushed up too) from Wendy's. Feels like a brick for sure, even hard to drink Water with the "full" feeling. Headache, no energy, and have that constipated feeling. Not quite ready for new foods, hard to know when though. Drinking the rest of my nutrition today, we will see what tomorrow brings.
We've got this though!!

HW 370, SW 350, SD 6/20/17

Yesterday I stuck to the yogurt and liquids and my stomach feels much better. It took me 3 days to get over it. So not worth it. And I'm with you I tried pureed chili and had heartburn and gas pain. Spicy foods are a no go. Guess I'll stick to bland food till I can handle the spice.

I think Pasta is a food that should maybe never be eaten post-surgery. It just fills our sleeves up with no real nutrition. Try zucchini noodles instead once you are approved for soft foods. They taste great and you wont even miss the pasta.

Zucchini noodles? Never tried them before. Do you make them or buy them already made? I love pasta dishes and love zucchini so definitely gonna try it once I'm ready for that stage.

Zucchini noodles? Never tried them before. Do you make them or buy them already made? I love pasta dishes and love zucchini so definitely gonna try it once I'm ready for that stage.

Wow! Congrats on the weight loss! Sorry for the difficult lesson!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. Guess we live and learn. It's definitely a life lesson. I gotta slow down and make good choices or suffer the consequences.

My husband had rny 11 years ago. Spaghetti still bothers him sometimes- at first he couldn't eat it at all for the same reason. I was sleeved 3 weeks ago too and I'm thinking Pasta maybe one of those things that are off limits like soda:
I too cheated yesterday and ate a small slice of pizza. I chewed the heck out of it and I didn't get sick. I emotionally feel bad- I had been totally low carb and now I feel like I blew it. I'm back in the wagon today!
I kept my calories under 600 for the day which is the highest say so far. I just saw the slippery slip that it took me to. Feeling angry with myself. I wasn't even that hungry, it just looked so good!

I was starving the other day- I got stuck in denver buying a car and had to rush to pick up my daughter from work at mcdonalds. She brought a hamburger into the car and I asked if I could have a tiny bite. Big mistake! Within minutes I had to rush to the bathroom- Tmi- I'm not constipated anymore. That went on evening. Note to self- no mcdonalds!

Zucchini noodles? Never tried them before. Do you make them or buy them already made? I love Pasta dishes and love zucchini so definitely gonna try it once I'm ready for that stage.

Two alternatives- get a spiralizer and make your own zucchini noodles, and learn to cook spaghetti squash. It's not exactly the same but it's tasty healthy and low cal.

Two alternatives- get a spiralizer and make your own zucchini noodles, and learn to cook spaghetti squash. It's not exactly the same but it's tasty healthy and low cal.

Thank you. I googled some recipes definitely gonna try it. Love Pasta dishes so this gives me an alternative.

On 7/14/2017 at 10:25 AM, sylvia2017 said:

Zucchini noodles? Never tried them before. Do you make them or buy them already made? I love Pasta dishes and love zucchini so definitely gonna try it once I'm ready for that stage.

I have veggie spiral tool that makes them. It is super easy and they taste great as a replacement for pasta in almost any dish. I even slice zucchini thinly and layer it for a lasagna dish.

Ordered a spiralizer! Can't wait to try it!

Hw 223, SW 217 CW 200 GW 135