Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had sleeve surgery almost one year ago. After my surgery I never heard from my doctor and went to his office once which was a waste of time. Absolutely no support whatsoever. Lost 42 pounds and that's been it. I've eaten so many salads my nose is starting to twitch. Someone told me to try the pouch diet. Any suggestions?

I don't have suggestions as I was just sleeved a couple days ago. I'm just so shocked at your lack of support. No nutritionist? I feel like I have a million follow up appointments already scheduled through next November. This is not right!

I don't have suggestions as I was just sleeved a couple days ago. I'm just so shocked at your lack of support. No nutritionist? I feel like I have a million follow up appointments already scheduled through next November. This is not right!

That is pretty jacked up. Maybe you need to call them and ask WTF? If they don't want to help maybe it is time to shop around to find another surgeon that would be willing to take you on.

1 hour ago, Joann454 said:

I'That's what everyone tell me. Everyone I know (even the ones who used the same Dr as me) said they had all kinds of follow up visits. I told the Dr's office, "Yaw got your money and put me out to pasture". I also told them, this is not right the way yaw have treated me. m proud you have follow up's. I'm sure it will help keep you on track.

I'That's what everyone tell me. Everyone I know (even the ones who used the same Dr as me) said they had all kinds of follow up visits. I told the Dr's office, "Yaw got your money and put me out to pasture". I also told them, this is not right the way yaw have treated me. m proud you have follow up's. I'm sure it will help keep you on track.

That is really sad that your Dr has no support. Where is he at? I'd mention this so people would not expect anything more than the surgery. My Dr had wonderful support groups etc but it was over 30 miles through the city from here and too far to go but I had friends who had the surgery. I've lost 25 lbs and am stuck there for 3 yrs. I'm happy that all my tests are normal as is my BP.

TOPS is a great organization (been around since 1948) for support and they are reasonable $42 a yr and $4 a mo for weekly meetings that are paid to the chapter. They are super supportive, informative and through out the US. You can attend 2 meetings before you have to join. I'd highly recommend them for friendship and diet.

You have to also be your own cheerleader and positive in your thinking for your health and weight loss. Good Luck

Edited by Sherry S

WoW not sure what to say about your lack of support. I had to pay ahead for the support with a dietitian, exercise person and a psychologist for a year. It's been 3 years and I lost 98 lbs, almost 10 lbs this year. The difference was after I broke my wrist, got a little dog and started walking a milimum of 2 miles a day. I couldn't drive so I had to get out. I never heard of the diet you spoke of but I'll check it out. I want to lose those last 2 lbs.

i can only assume it was the drastic change that helped budge the last few lbs. I was in a plateau for at least a year and half. My health is good except for a bit of anemia which I'm dealing with now. I eat fillet mignon each day along with an Iron supplement. A couple of ounces is affordable and it's a nice treat.

This site is a great source of support in itself even if you just read the posts.

I hope thing start moving along for you.

Don't call your surgeon call your Dietician. Like I've posted before SURGEONS SURGE DIETICIANS DIET!