Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So tomorrow I go to see my bariatric doctor.. I am pretty freaking nervous. I've completed every step so far to get to the point of surgery. I've been working hard, monitoring my eating. It never fails though, every Monday, I am heavier than I was the past Friday. I had a requirement of losing 10% of my highest weight. Currently I'm at 31 of 38 pounds lost. I am really happy about the progress I've made but at the same time I'm frustrated that this keeps happening. Friday I was 1 pound away from goal and seemingly "gained" 7 pounds over the weekend (which I know isn't a true realistic gain either). I'm stressing out a lot and working out even harder, limiting my calorie intake and pushing Water like crazy. I'm going to be pretty disappointed to work so hard and not meet goal (and also thinking maybe if my appointment were Friday I'd be in luck since by Friday I usually have lost whatever I gained from the weekend.) I'm sorry if I sound like I'm whining I just needed to vent. It's been a long process for me starting in June 2015 and through insurance hurdles, job changes, weight gain to weight loss, I just am anxious to keep moving forward to a better life, just to be stuck at 8 pounds to go (the 7 I "gained" plus the 1 I still needed to lose as of last Friday!) before I can move forward any farther. I'm irritated with myself because I believe I always had the opportunity to do better or work harder.

25 minutes ago, hannah_621 said:

So tomorrow I go to see my bariatric doctor.. I am pretty freaking nervous. I've completed every step so far to get to the point of surgery. I've been working hard, monitoring my eating. It never fails though, every Monday, I am heavier than I was the past Friday. I had a requirement of losing 10% of my highest weight. Currently I'm at 31 of 38 pounds lost. I am really happy about the progress I've made but at the same time I'm frustrated that this keeps happening. Friday I was 1 pound away from goal and seemingly "gained" 7 pounds over the weekend (which I know isn't a true realistic gain either). I'm stressing out a lot and working out even harder, limiting my calorie intake and pushing Water like crazy. I'm going to be pretty disappointed to work so hard and not meet goal (and also thinking maybe if my appointment were Friday I'd be in luck since by Friday I usually have lost whatever I gained from the weekend.) I'm sorry if I sound like I'm whining I just needed to vent. It's been a long process for me starting in June 2015 and through insurance hurdles, job changes, weight gain to weight loss, I just am anxious to keep moving forward to a better life, just to be stuck at 8 pounds to go (the 7 I "gained" plus the 1 I still needed to lose as of last Friday!) before I can move forward any farther. I'm irritated with myself because I believe I always had the opportunity to do better or work harder.

I'm still pre op and I really try not to weigh myself more than once a week. My surgery is 6/21/17 and I have a similar situation. Last week I was down over 20 pounds from my highest weight and this week I'm 11 pounds. I don't have to lose a certain amount for surgery, but I'm trying to get into the losing groove. I have noticed that I've lost inches even though I haven't lost pounds. Remember to that you are working out more and lean muscle weighs more than fat. Keep hydrating like you are and maybe watch your carb and sugar intake and increase your Proteins. I've done that and it helps a lot and it helps you get used to how you will need to be post op.

You sound like you've been through a lot to get where you are today and I commend you for that. You seem strong and that will help you in the long run.

Good luck with your appointment! Keep us posted on how it goes! You can do this! Just know you're not alone here! Take care!

Seeing the scale go in the right direction is mostly what they're looking for. I swore I couldn't lose weight and then I went on the preop liver shrink diet and lost 15lbs. I was shocked. I wish you well. Do let us know how you did.

I'm still pre op and I really try not to weigh myself more than once a week. My surgery is 6/21/17 and I have a similar situation. Last week I was down over 20 pounds from my highest weight and this week I'm 11 pounds. I don't have to lose a certain amount for surgery, but I'm trying to get into the losing groove. I have noticed that I've lost inches even though I haven't lost pounds. Remember to that you are working out more and lean muscle weighs more than fat. Keep hydrating like you are and maybe watch your carb and sugar intake and increase your Proteins. I've done that and it helps a lot and it helps you get used to how you will need to be post op.
You sound like you've been through a lot to get where you are today and I commend you for that. You seem strong and that will help you in the long run.
Good luck with your appointment! Keep us posted on how it goes! You can do this! Just know you're not alone here! Take care!

Thank you so much for your reply! It truly helped put things into a better perspective for me. [emoji18] I was so worried about losing exactly what would be 10% of my weight that I started weighing myself frequently to see which days were better days as far as my weight versus the things I had eaten and drank even while maintaining my calorie limit.

Congratulations on your surgery!! That's actually my birthday so I'll be sending you the best positive vibes!! I received good news today and my doctor said she was sending me to meet with the surgeon and writing my letter to insurance! I got a call from the surgery scheduler right after I left and I meet with the surgeon on 6/27! I'm just going to keep moving right along and anxiously waiting! Good luck with your surgery let us all know how it goes!

Seeing the scale go in the right direction is mostly what they're looking for. I swore I couldn't lose weight and then I went on the preop liver shrink diet and lost 15lbs. I was shocked. I wish you well. Do let us know how you did.

Hi Joann! You were right! They just wanted to see that I could commit to the healthier lifestyle long term. I got the approval from my bariatric doctor to see the surgeon and she's writing my letter to my insurance company. I'm anxious but glad things are moving forward! I did weigh in about 4-5 lbs short of my true goal but I overall had lost over 30 pounds so I'm at least pleased with that. I think the liver shrink diet will help me a lot too whenever I get to that point. In the meantime I'm just going to keep at it as if I have more deadlines! It's nice to see my pants loose already lol

Thank you so much for your reply! It truly helped put things into a better perspective for me. [emoji18] I was so worried about losing exactly what would be 10% of my weight that I started weighing myself frequently to see which days were better days as far as my weight versus the things I had eaten and drank even while maintaining my calorie limit.

Congratulations on your surgery!! That's actually my birthday so I'll be sending you the best positive vibes!! I received good news today and my doctor said she was sending me to meet with the surgeon and writing my letter to insurance! I got a call from the surgery scheduler right after I left and I meet with the surgeon on 6/27! I'm just going to keep moving right along and anxiously waiting! Good luck with your surgery let us all know how it goes!

Congratulations! You've worked hard to get here! It will go by fast, believe me. My surgery is less than a month away and it seems like a lifetime to get here. I started on 11/2/16 and that seemed like it took forever to get there. Now, it's already the end of May! Wow!
Keep your spirits up and before you know it you'll have a surgery date!
Good luck and take care.[emoji3]