Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved 12-19-2016

Hw-274

Sw-268

Cw- 203

Gw- 175

This forum is totally my sounding board.. lol

Here I sit, almost, 5 months out of surgery, 71 lbs down from my high weight, and feeling bad about my progress... I feel like my lose has slowed dramatically. Only losing about 10lbs a month. hair falling out by the handfuls. Still struggle with my Protein intake. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE seeing the overall progress I've made, just the day to day is a struggle.

Also, anyone avoiding buying cloths? I find myself avoiding buying cloths because I am afraid to try things on that may be too small.... I have been wearing the same pants to work since right after surgery. As you can imagine, they look ridiculous but I can't seem to give them up. In the back of my head, I think, "save them for when you're fatter again"..... surgery doesn't fix the mind.. that's all on us. I also find myself hating when people say I'm "getting skinny". My head says, "I'm nowhere close to skinny and never will be" and "Sssshhhh, don't jinx it!!"

Anyway.. just ranting really.. I hope everyone is progressing and loving life!!!!

Thank you for sharing your rant because i feel the same way! sleeved on the 12/15/2016 sw 291 cw 224 gw 180. I hit my first big plateau. Like you my hair is falling out and scared as hell to buy new clothes for the same reason as you. My appetite has increased dramatically. I feel like for the first time that this is now when the hard work begins. I am trying to stay positive and believe that if i stay consistent with my new life style of eating and exercise the weight will come off in time. I think we need to take time to enjoy our success. Go out and just buy one peace of clothing. dont look at the size but focus on how good we feel in it. i wish you the best and hang in there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using BariatricPal mobile app

I hear ya about the clothes. I finally went to the Goodwill and got a few things to get me by until goal. They have some really good clothes and name brands even. Spent $35 and walked out with an armload of clothes that fit. Size 14!!! Can you believe it!! Boy did it make a difference. I look damn good compared to all the baggies I was wearing.

Eventually I will start buying quality pieces to fill my wardrobe but the Goodwill works for now.

On 5/7/2017 at 0:30 PM, sleevedatlast said:

Sleeved 12-19-2016

Hw-274

Sw-268

Cw- 203

Gw- 175

This forum is totally my sounding board.. lol

Here I sit, almost, 5 months out of surgery, 71 lbs down from my high weight, and feeling bad about my progress... I feel like my lose has slowed dramatically. Only losing about 10lbs a month. hair falling out by the handfuls. Still struggle with my Protein intake. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE seeing the overall progress I've made, just the day to day is a struggle.

Also, anyone avoiding buying cloths? I find myself avoiding buying cloths because I am afraid to try things on that may be too small.... I have been wearing the same pants to work since right after surgery. As you can imagine, they look ridiculous but I can't seem to give them up. In the back of my head, I think, "save them for when you're fatter again"..... surgery doesn't fix the mind.. that's all on us. I also find myself hating when people say I'm "getting skinny". My head says, "I'm nowhere close to skinny and never will be" and "Sssshhhh, don't jinx it!!"

Anyway.. just ranting really.. I hope everyone is progressing and loving life!!!!

OMG! Dont be so hard on yourself! You've lost a ton of weight in a very short time! You will continue to lose, just at a slower pace. Get rid of the fat clothes, you WILL NOT go back so you don't need them. I have found a whole new cheap temporary spring wardrobe at Sams club. Capris and jeans, $15. Eventually hope to buy some quality clothing when I reach goal.

I'm having a severe case of "am I losing too slow? Am I sabotaging myself?" I see other people's profiles that had the surgery around the same date as me or even since my surgery that have lost 50-60 pounds. I've only lost 40. So disheartening. Anyone else losing that slow? only about a pound a week?