Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

post op 420 friendly question

first off, if you don't smoke, then I don't need your opinion. period

I am a regular pot smoker. ive recently quit, because I have been expecting a drug test (for a job) but wasn't expecting everything to happen quite as quickly as it did... the last time I smoked was april 25th. ive heard that thc is stored in the fat cells, which I have been burning at a relatively quick pace. well, I got a call today, informing me that my drug test will be on the 10th. I know for NORMAL people, it usually takes about 30 days to clean your system... but is it different for wls patients, bc we burn fat cells quicker? is there a way I can QUICKLY clean my system in the next 5 days? as I mentioned earlier, I was told the process for this job would take much longer then it did, and now I'm stuck, but I NEED this job. PLEASE HELP!!!!

27 minutes ago, Lunabugg20 said:

first off, if you don't smoke, then I don't need your opinion. period

I am a regular pot smoker. ive recently quit, because I have been expecting a drug test (for a job) but wasn't expecting everything to happen quite as quickly as it did... the last time I smoked was april 25th. ive heard that thc is stored in the fat cells, which I have been burning at a relatively quick pace. well, I got a call today, informing me that my drug test will be on the 10th. I know for NORMAL people, it usually takes about 30 days to clean your system... but is it different for wls patients, bc we burn fat cells quicker? is there a way I can QUICKLY clean my system in the next 5 days? as I mentioned earlier, I was told the process for this job would take much longer then it did, and now I'm stuck, but I NEED this job. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Long story short, you are screwed.

Best you can do is flood yourself with Water and and try to dilute your urine as much as possible.

Good luck.

I don't smoke pot but I know a lot of people that do. Even with the urine cleaning stuff you can take, you need more than 5 days. If you pass this drug test it will just be the grace of God that allows it.

Also I hate to tell you but loosing a massive amount of waste rapidly throws a lot of tests off. So maybe you will get lucky, but I doubt it. If anything dropping a ton of weight will have more THC floating in your system than normal.

Edited by OutsideMatchInside

5 minutes ago, PatientEleventyBillion said:

This is the perfect forum for the lesson of choices and consequence.

look if your going to be all hoidy toidy prude, then don't comment. you don't know my story. "choices and consequence?" freaking really? maybe you should educate yourself before giving biased opinions.

People smoke marijuana for a lot of reasons. When my grandmother was at the end of life getting her to smoke was the only way we got her to eat. Other people I know self medicated from panic attacks and other things with it, like a lot of military Vets.

I'm not judging.

Just now, OutsideMatchInside said:

People smoke marijuana for a lot of reasons. When my grandmother was at the end of life getting her to smoke was the only way we got her to eat. Other people I know self medicated from panic attacks and other things with it, like a lot of military Vets.

I'm not judging.

I know YOU weren't I was talking about the other guy. lol ur good

I work in the substance use prevention field...many of us supported legalization in CO. Are re you in a state where it is legal? If so you may be able to make a case for legal off duty activity...perhaps they would allow you to continue to do random testing to show that it was old use. A series of tests will show the levels dropping.

With drug testing there is no way to tell if a positive for THC is from recent use or several weeks ago. Since it is stored in the fat cells...weight loss can prompt a positive test well after you would expect (several weeks).

Passing the the test will depend on the lab used, cut off levels, etc. if you drink lots of Water you may get a dilute test but the THC would still show up....however it may be at a level closer to incidental exposure.

Not sure I'm much help. Good luck.

5 minutes ago, Lunabugg20 said:

I know YOU weren't I was talking about the other guy. lol ur good

I know but I'm sick of people on this forum jumping down peoples throats for smoking weed. It is better than Xanax.

If the Feds aren't going to legalize they should at least reschedule. A schedule 1 prohibits research and controlled study. There is so much qualitative data to support the medical benefits....now we need the hard data.

the scheduling is tied to this country's racist history (which continues today)...We need to get over ourselves and look for at it from an objective science based approach. /end rant.

Edited by Lannie

3 minutes ago, OutsideMatchInside said:

I know but I'm sick of people on this forum jumping down peoples throats for smoking weed. It is better than Xanax.

THANK YOU!!! I have a whole list of things that it treats, and the "munchies" can be just as enjoyable w a HEALTHY food choice. one of my go-to's is cheese chips. there are times when smoking was the ONLY way I could tolerate eating that day (ya, my choice was either smoke, and eat, or don't smoke and don't eat for 3 more days bc of severe nausea). its not the taboo thing lots of people make it out to be. its NOT a gateway drug, its NOT addictive. a drug, yes, bc it alters ur state of mind, but you cant OVERDOSE on smoking too much mj. its the stigma. I mean when ur choice is have a panic attack, or smoke a bowl, I choose bowl... I just don't know if thc will stay in my system even longer then normal bc of the fat burning thing.

No judgement here! But you need to try to postpone or use someone else's. Yes it is stored in fat and as you burn off fat it gets released into your system rapidly and excreted in urine.... so if your still losing and burning a lot of Cals I would steer clear of testing. My only advice is till now until test be as sedentary as possible and eat high Protein high fat foods to temporarily inhibit your body from burning off the thc in your fat cells

3 hours ago, Lunabugg20 said:

THANK YOU!!! I have a whole list of things that it treats, and the "munchies" can be just as enjoyable w a HEALTHY food choice. one of my go-to's is cheese chips. there are times when smoking was the ONLY way I could tolerate eating that day (ya, my choice was either smoke, and eat, or don't smoke and don't eat for 3 more days bc of severe nausea). its not the taboo thing lots of people make it out to be. its NOT a gateway drug, its NOT addictive. a drug, yes, bc it alters ur state of mind, but you cant OVERDOSE on smoking too much mj. its the stigma. I mean when ur choice is have a panic attack, or smoke a bowl, I choose bowl... I just don't know if thc will stay in my system even longer then normal bc of the fat burning thing.

There's no need for an education about marijuana, we know what it does. It's just ironic that this is the forum for learning lessons, and here we are. I prefer edibles and strains that help with my ADHD (smoking = carcinogenic, and I already have respiratory issues), I'm just not dumb enough to do it while trying to find a job.

Edited by PatientEleventyBillion