Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 weeks out and weight gain

I had RNY on 4/4/17. I lost 26.6 lbs in like 2 1/2 weeks. This week I started on soft foods and gained 5lbs. I am super nervous. I know I shouldn't pay attention to the scale so I weigh myself once a week. My question is, is this normal? I drink at least 1 premier a day, been doing at least 48 oz of Water but more when I can fit it in. I eat yogurt for a morning snack and eat 1 meal. Am I doing something wrong? I guess I figured my weight would just instantly drop off weekly.

I had RNY on 4/10/17 and I can't tell you what's going on, but I well understand your worry and frustration. I'm looking for a weight loss buddy -- someone to check in with and share with -- are you game?

I'll leave it to others to advise you regarding the weight gain. My instincts want to tell you to not to worry. Everyone here seems to think they'll be "the exception," in terms of being able to lose the weight, but everyone seems to lose it.

I wish I could be more helpful, but for all I know, I could be in your shoes in another week or so.

Bunny

We can be friends! I lost 1 pound so I am guessing it's my body adjusting. I have been a little lazy this week as I have returned back to work. I am going to start working out this weekend

18 minutes ago, meaghan_rny said:

We can be friends! I lost 1 pound so I am guessing it's my body adjusting. I have been a little lazy this week as I have returned back to work. I am going to start working out this weekend

Yeah -- I have a feeling your body is either adjusting or you're retaining some Water or something else like that. Also, there's the famous 3-week stall and perhaps this is yours.

I'm looking to check in with someone every day -- not a long thing -- just a check-in to see how we're doing. If you're interested, let me know how you think we should do it -- email, on this site, etc. I'm open -- I really just want a quick daily check-in. Get to know you, discuss our ups and downs (hopefully more ups!), etc.

Bunny

Omg my surgery date was 04/03/17 had my 2 week follow up and only lost 8 pounds. HOWEVER, you just encourage me I was in so much pain my second week I didn't want to eat or drink but I'm just still stuck on what to eat I feel the weight coming off because my work uniform is a little bigger but you are doing great too me !!!!!!

Omg my surgery date was 04/03/17 had my 2 week follow up and only lost 8 pounds. HOWEVER, you just encourage me I was in so much pain my second week I didn't want to eat or drink but I'm just still stuck on what to eat I feel the weight coming off because my work uniform is a little bigger but you are doing great too me !!!!!!

Thank you so much! I guess I get scale crazy and hop on like every other day. I have lost like 2 lbs of my gain so I guess it's coming off. People say they see the weightless...I want to see numbers move. I think everyone is different as it takes our bodies time to adjust. I haven't been in any pain and honestly food goes down good. I was having some small gas pains when I eat but that has subsided.

So your like in your 3/4 week to on soft foods? Or have you not really have an appetite? YES one day I am 272...next 275. People say I'm 6 months it will all shed away I'm hoping because I still want to feel like I feel now that it being all Worth it in the end[emoji1491]🤸🏾‍♀️

So your like in your 3/4 week to on soft foods? Or have you not really have an appetite? YES one day I am 272...next 275. People say I'm 6 months it will all shed away I'm hoping because I still want to feel like I feel now that it being all Worth it in the end🤸🏾‍♀️

Yeah Tuesday will officially make week 3. I am on soft foods. I don't have an appetite but I will randomly crave things. Basically because I have a 4 year old and I am used to eating with her but I am overcoming it. I am just ready for the weight to magically disappear, lol.

Tuesday will mark Week 3 for me too. I haven't seen a weight loss in 2-days now, but that's OK. I'm trying to be patient. I know the scale will move down and it's just a matter of time. My energy level is very low. I was on my feet yesterday morning for 3-hours -- just standing -- not walking and I was exhausted for the rest of the day and evening. I slept until 11am this morning! And I'm still tired, but I'm going to get outside in the sun and move my body. This whole process is going to take time and I know that I need to be patient. Unlike you, I'm hungry. Or, I'm confusing hunger with want. I don't think I know when I'm hungry and I need to get in touch with my body.

Bunny

Had mine on 4/3 and I'm the same way three weeks out stalled goes from 275 to 274 to 273 and then back up. However I started my period so that might have something to do with it. I feel like I'm getting enough food/ protien, but might not be getting enough Water I'm trying though!

Had mine on 4/3 and I'm the same way three weeks out stalled goes from 275 to 274 to 273 and then back up. However I started my period so that might have something to do with it. I feel like I'm getting enough food/ protien, but might not be getting enough Water I'm trying though!

I think my Protein is ok but the water i need to wrk on as well. I just a literally not hungry and thirsty like I used to be. I am planning on adding 2 more waters this week which will have me at 6 and 2 premiers.

I had RNY on 4/4/17. I lost 26.6 lbs in like 2 1/2 weeks. This week I started on soft foods and gained 5lbs. I am super nervous. I know I shouldn't pay attention to the scale so I weigh myself once a week. My question is, is this normal? I drink at least 1 premier a day, been doing at least 48 oz of Water but more when I can fit it in. I eat yogurt for a morning snack and eat 1 meal. Am I doing something wrong? I guess I figured my weight would just instantly drop off weekly.

Could definitely have hit the three week stall. But I'm curious how much Protein are you eating a day? Should be between 60-90 grams. Your Fluid intake isn't bad. My nut said you have to work up to the 64 ounces a day and she was right. Also how many calories are you eating a day? Do you journal? I HIGHLY recommend it! I do soooo much better hitting my goals when I journal. I suggest you stay away from the scale for two weeks, concentrate on getting your protein and fluids in and see how you do. I stalled at three weeks for two weeks and then i started dropping weight off rapidly. Best of luck to you! [emoji4]

I am doing like 40-60 grams of Protein. I am trying hard to get fluids in but they make me so full. I just started using MyFitnessPal to document what I eat. I am not eating much as I am not clear for all solid foods until next Tuesday when I hit 4 weeks post op. I started back dropping slow. I am starting to walk more and exercise as well

OMG I DID TOO & we have the same date (Hey twin) so you have approached a month too I am now down to about 266 think because I have been in so much pain from my period and also trying to get an IUD that didn't work out to well. So I've lost approximately 20 pounds this month. However I have not had the energy to excersie or eat I been trying to take in my Protein & water even though my surgeon said I can start solid foods I am haven't because I been feeling so miserable [emoji24] I am hoping though that the weight continues to decrease even after my period is down but that is typically when we gain weight but I'm just patiently waiting[emoji144]🏾‍♀️

OMG I DID TOO & we have the same date (Hey twin) so you have approached a month too I am now down to about 266 think because I have been in so much pain from my period and also trying to get an IUD that didn't work out to well. So I've lost approximately 20 pounds this month. However I have not had the energy to excersie or eat I been trying to take in my Protein & Water even though my surgeon said I can start solid foods I am haven't because I been feeling so miserable I am hoping though that the weight continues to decrease even after my period is down but that is typically when we gain weight but I'm just patiently waiting🏾‍♀️

I have lost the same; 20lbs this month. I do eat solid foods and found I can eat anything. I have started a low carb diet. Pinterest is back my best friend. I haven't been consistent on my exercising but said that I was going to start this weekend for a boost. I have IUD and love it! I want to continue to lose. I lost like 3.5 pounds this week and I am pushing for 5 a week. Not sure if that's realistic or not. But we shall see