14 posts in this topic

Has anyone been approved through Cigna NY? They only require 3 months and it seems too good to be true. I require BMI over 40 since I have no co morbidities. Thoughts?

19 minutes ago, Lavieboheme84 said:

Has anyone been approved through Cigna NY? They only require 3 months and it seems too good to be true. I require BMI over 40 since I have no co morbidities. Thoughts?

I don't know about Cigna NY, but it's very possible that's all they require. Seems pretty standard. I have BC/BS of IL and they don't require any type of waiting period, as long as someone has a bmi 40+, or 35-39 with two co-morbidities, you're good to go. Just call them and they can break it all down for you. I called my insurance even before I watched my first online seminar just to be sure. Give them a call!

I don't know about Cigna NY, but it's very possible that's all they require. Seems pretty standard. I have BC/BS of IL and they don't require any type of waiting period, as long as someone has a bmi 40+, or 35-39 with two co-morbidities, you're good to go. Just call them and they can break it all down for you. I called my insurance even before I watched my first online seminar just to be sure. Give them a call!

Thanks! That's good to hear!

I have Cigna and I'm in TX. Requirements are three months waiting, bmi 40+, or 35+ with co-morbidities, pcp referral, supervised diet visits, etc. It's pretty nice actually and not too much (for me at least-I have no co-morbidities-that's what I'm preventing!) The waiting is the worse part.

5 minutes ago, Newme17 said:

I have Cigna and I'm in TX. Requirements are three months waiting, bmi 40+, or 35+ with co-morbidities, pcp referral, supervised diet visits, etc. It's pretty nice actually and not too much (for me at least-I have no co-morbidities-that's what I'm preventing!) The waiting is the worse part.

When did you start? When do you submit to your insurance?

I started the process on Jan 21st. Due to have my third NUT apt tomorrow. I have one left about this time next month. At that time, my surgeon/team with submit my paperwork to Cigna. I have no idea what their turnaround time is, so hopefully it's just a few days. I'll either get my surgery date before the submission (in hopes it goes through) or when they've approved. Not exactly sure how the center I go to will do it.

46 minutes ago, Newme17 said:

I started the process on Jan 21st. Due to have my third NUT apt tomorrow. I have one left about this time next month. At that time, my surgeon/team with submit my paperwork to Cigna. I have no idea what their turnaround time is, so hopefully it's just a few days. I'll either get my surgery date before the submission (in hopes it goes through) or when they've approved. Not exactly sure how the center I go to will do it.

that's great! we are in the same boat--I started 1/18/17, same timing :)

Good Luck--if you remember, let me know how you fare with insurance.

Best

Newme17 likes this 1 Like this

Posted (edited)

@Lavieboheme84 will do! I'll make a note here at my computer just for you. :)

Edited by Newme17

I have Cigna as well but mine is based in Florida. My requirements are 4 months with my dietician and a BMI of 40 or > since I don't have any medical conditions. My last appointment with my dietician is this Thursday. Hoping I'll find out my surgery date at this appointment or soon after. If you like I can let you know how the turn around is since it's almost the same except a month more for me. Wishing you the best!

Newme17 likes this 1 Like this