Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any suggestions as to what type of Vitamins to take post RNY surgery

Sent from my SM-G930T using the BariatricPal App

I highly recommend the PatchMD patch Vitamins. As for specific ones, I'd check with your nutritionist as everyone's seems to vary.

I drink Nutrametrix Multivitamin and Calcium in the morning. It's Isotonic so you absorb 95% (where as if you take Centrum or others you only absorb 25% so you have to take more). Then I use Bariatric Advantage chewables for additional Calcium and Iron and sublingual B12.< /p>

@@Lauraazucena I have a whole page listed for doses and when to take them on my blog page. If you go to my blog its under the "nom nom nom" heading and then "vitamins"... I copied and pasted it for you. I had the RNY so this is specific.

I split my Vitamins up between morning and night because some of them cannot be taken together. I take the following in the AM:

1. Centrum adult chewable multi-Vitamin 2 per day
  2. 65mg Iron daily
  3. 500mg Vitamin C chewable daily
  4. 4,000 IU Vitamin D3 three times a week
  5. 5,000 mcg vitamin B12 three times a week

I take the following in the PM:

1. Calcium Citrate with D3 two times a day
  2. 10,000 mcg Biotin daily
  3. 625 mg Fiber three times a week

I was advised to take the following:

Multivitamin twice a day (12 hours apart)

Calichew with with D3 three times a day (Not sooner than 2 hrs after/before the multivitamin)

Vitamin D once daily

In addition I take Vitamin C, Vitamin K and a B12 patch

I took Centrum chewables for the first 6 months, just letting it melt in my mouth. Then I went onto Centrum advantage tablets. I never thought I would get the hang of all the Vitamins but its easy peasy now. Don't even have to think about it.

Kate

My doctor recommended Nutrition Direct. The sign-up was sent in from my doctor's office, and the company works with your insurance to keep costs down. They deliver directly to your door, and the Vitamins are specifically for bariatric patients. They have chewables and tablets. It also includes a nasal spray you take once a week to address B12 deficiencies. You get a month's supply, and I have AETNA insurance, so I paid $25 for all of it.

I had change chewable pills after my gastric sleeve surgery last January 9,2017 my mom is nurses she informed me about not use pills and change pills..

multivitamin- twice day morning and night both

women's- once per day usually for morning only on chewable I would try that

I had change chewable pills after my gastric sleeve surgery last January 9,2017 my mom is nurses she informed me about not use pills and change pills..

multivitamin- twice day morning and night both

women's- once per day usually for morning only on chewable I would try that

I just got a quote for the Nutrition Direct. Mine would be $170 monthly...wish it was $25 for us! Anyway, think I'll be going elsewhere. They said the RX stays on file for up to a year if I change my mind. That's good to know.

I've been prepared for this for a while now..

BA Multivitamin high ADEK

BA calcium citrate chews and chewable tablets (270, the bottle for this is massive), both have Vit D as well, taken 3 times a day

Jamieson C+D

OTC 36-38g Iron

Jamieson sublingual B12 strips

My wife and I made a spreadsheet calculating the costs and all the nutritional info. Ready to hit the ground running post-op.

Edited by PatientEleventyBillion