Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Emory Bariatrics Midtown(GA)

I thought about going to Emory until I found out my insurance would not cover bariatric surgery. I am going to Mexico soon instead. Best wishes to you!

I got mine done at Emory midtown 12/12/2016.. very professional but you have to meet certain requirements before you can initially meet with the surgeon... per insurance. Psych evaluation, Registered dietitian. I had open heart surgery last year due to aortic dissection I had to get my annual CT scan and cardiac clearance. 5yrs diet history. Letter of medical necessity from your primary doctor. Your first $300 is refunded if surgery not approved. You only pay the other $300 once approved before final nutrition class. Can not gain any weight once you start the process and you must attend nutrition classes consecutively 4-6 months depending on insurance requirements. Since I work for Emory Healthcare my process was smooth. Check into it due your own research.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I got mine done at Emory midtown 12/12/2016.. very professional but you have to meet certain requirements before you can initially meet with the surgeon... per insurance. Psych evaluation, Registered dietitian. I had open heart surgery last year due to aortic dissection I had to get my annual CT scan and cardiac clearance. 5yrs diet history. Letter of medical necessity from your primary doctor. Your first $300 is refunded if surgery not approved. You only pay the other $300 once approved before final nutrition class. Can not gain any weight once you start the process and you must attend nutrition classes consecutively 4-6 months depending on insurance requirements. Since I work for Emory Healthcare my process was smooth. Check into it due your own research.

Did you have to do a endoscopy?

It was a requirement before surgery I've never had one either but it was fine.

I am in the process of working for Emory also. Did you meet your deductible by attending all these appts and testings. How much was your out of pocket charge before they did the surgery? I just read over your posts and saw you work for emory. Did they collect a fee the day before your surgery? Thank you so much for being so helpful.

Emory Bariatrics was awesome for me. I had Dr. Jamil Stetler and had little pain and zero complications. I had insurance through Cigna. First appt was the initial meeting with nutritionist and bloodwork and ekg. Beginning of the three month diet. I went for first appt on April 5 and was sleeved on August 4 after a 3 month supervised diet required by Cigna. Let me know if you need any other info.

Emory Bariatrics was awesome for me. I had Dr. Jamil Stetler and had little pain and zero complications. I had insurance through Cigna. First appt was the initial meeting with nutritionist and bloodwork and ekg. Beginning of the three month diet. I went for first appt on April 5 and was sleeved on August 4 after a 3 month supervised diet required by Cigna. Let me know if you need any other info.

I have heard great things about this location. Did you do a endoscopy also?

I have heard great things about this location. Did you do a endoscopy also?

Did you also have to do a sleep study?

What are emory bariatrics surgeon requirements?

I was borderline but did not get a sleep study in the end. I think endoscopy is required. They test for a type of bacteria and look for things like ulcers before surgery.

Did you have to do a endoscopy?

Crazy question. Do they give employee discounts?