Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sick and Bored

Apparently, Mrs LittleBill played the part of Typhoid Mary yesterday. That is what my research indicates. Today started off well enough. I was getting some work done prior to leaving for the gym, when suddenly all my internal organs decided to rebel in one way or another. I am talking about my digestive tract. For the first time since I was in the hospital, my stomach got very queasy. Further down, on the alimentary canal, traffic got all out of sorts. Then I started feeling lightheaded, with my eyes burning.

I sat down at my desk and reviewed my eating/drinking activity for the day, thinking I might have activated the dreaded dumping syndrome. I don't even know if I can do that with a sleeve, although there have been many fingers wagged, along with baleful glares and stern warnings at the dotor's office. I didn't do anything that would have caused that.

I messaged Mrs LittleBill, telling her I was not feeling great, or even good, and especially not well. It was then that she revealed to me that the yesterday, she had had similar symptoms. So at least it was not self inflicted. Now I am sitting here at home feeling poorly, and there isn't much to do. I've plowed through as much new content as I can stand, caught up with all my friends on Facebook, and that's about all I'm up for. I don't even have any comfort food around, and if I did, I probably wouldn't mention it here. Who knows who might swoop in to remonstrate me? :o Kick a man when he's down? Not me! ;-) I don't think I'll expire from this, but if no one ever hears from me again...

What do you all do when you are down and sick?

Edited by LittleBill

Sorry your feeling rough but gotta say your posts are always good for a laugh. You have a talent when you write.

Hate to break it to you but even though this is that you are sick it is possible to have dumping syndrome with the sleeve even thought it's not as common as with bypass.

Feel better!

Edited by reree6898

Thanks, @@reree6898! I am sitting here with the dog and trying to figure out how to get my pictures onto Instagram. I am pretty sure I will survive.

I had my sleeve on November 7th, week one fine but from week 2 I had the dumping syndrome, they put me back onto liquid's, they are putting down a camera on the 22nd to what is going on.

Hope it resolves itself for you.

Sent from my HTC 10 using the BariatricPal App

I had my sleeve on November 7th, week one fine but from week 2 I had the dumping syndrome, they put me back onto liquid's, they are putting down a camera on the 22nd to what is going on.

Hope it resolves itself for you.

Yikes! I hope it comes out well for you. I am two months and a few days out, and things have gone very well for me. I think I just caught a bug from the Missus. She works in a cube farm, so there is almost always some sick slob wandering about . She was over it in a day, so I am hoping for the same.

Wish you all the best, I have really suffered from wk2, I really hopes it all settles down. They think that as I had a serve bleed in week 2 that has caused scaring in the new stomach, all will be revealed next week. Get well soon.

I can't sit around and do nothing. It just doesn't work for me. If I sit down and do "nothing" I feel worse. Usually I will do minor indoor projects that will keep me somewhat moving and my mind on something else.

I remember reading about Typhoid Mary in nursing school????????,, your posts are so great . I'm only 9 days post op and today is first day I felt like blah... I'm just laying around until I feel better . Sipping on Water. I just think it was a Protein shake that made me feel bad. Not sure.

Apparently, Mrs LittleBill played the part of Typhoid Mary yesterday. That is what my research indicates. Today started off well enough. I was getting some work done prior to leaving for the gym, when suddenly all my internal organs decided to rebel in one way or another. I am talking about my digestive tract. For the first time since I was in the hospital, my stomach got very queasy. Further down, on the alimentary canal, traffic got all out of sorts. Then I started feeling lightheaded, with my eyes burning.

I sat down at my desk and reviewed my eating/drinking activity for the day, thinking I might have activated the dreaded dumping syndrome. I don't even know if I can do that with a sleeve, although there have been many fingers wagged, along with baleful glares and stern warnings at the dotor's office. I didn't do anything that would have caused that.

I messaged Mrs LittleBill, telling her I was not feeling great, or even good, and especially not well. It was then that she revealed to me that the yesterday, she had had similar symptoms. So at least it was not self inflicted. Now I am sitting here at home feeling poorly, and there isn't much to do. I've plowed through as much new content as I can stand, caught up with all my friends on Facebook, and that's about all I'm up for. I don't even have any comfort food around, and if I did, I probably wouldn't mention it here. Who knows who might swoop in to remonstrate me? :o Kick a man when he's down? Not me! ;-) I don't think I'll expire from this, but if no one ever hears from me again...

What do you all do when you are down and sick?

We went and had all of the vaccinations for our SE Asia tour this morning. Typhoid was one of them, so hopefully Typhoid Mary will stay away! (She better because my arm hurts like hell from all the shots...)

I hope you feel better soon.

I can't sit around and do nothing. It just doesn't work for me. If I sit down and do "nothing" I feel worse. Usually I will do minor indoor projects that will keep me somewhat moving and my mind on something else.

I'm not actually doing nothing. I'm just not doing either stuff that needs doing and I want to do. I've got bunches of little stuff that needs doing that I don't want to do. So I am doing that. Paperwork, cleaning my desk, stuff like that.

Wish you all the best, I have really suffered from wk2, I really hopes it all settles down. They think that as I had a serve bleed in week 2 that has caused scaring in the new stomach, all will be revealed next week. Get well soon.

Wow Adriant, I hope they get that straightened out for you soon! My malady pales compared to yours.

I remember reading about Typhoid Mary in nursing school,, your posts are so great . I'm only 9 days post op and today is first day I felt like blah... I'm just laying around until I feel better . Sipping on Water. I just think it was a Protein shake that made me feel bad. Not sure.

Hopefully you will see some improvement soon. As things settle down in your insides, you should.

We went and had all of the vaccinations for our SE Asia tour this morning. Typhoid was one of them, so hopefully Typhoid Mary will stay away! (She better because my arm hurts like hell from all the shots...)

I hope you feel better soon.

Thanks, and have a good trip!

I've got chronic conditions, so I'm an expert in being a sickie. I can lie for hours on the couch with my electric blanket bingeing Netflix or reading novels. I used to binge eat at the same time, but that's no longer an option, so I try to keep my Fluid intake up instead. You just need to learn to be lazy, that's all!! LOL. Get a cat, emulate it. They have it down.