Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Baby it's cold outside!

It's been a wonderful day today at the LittleBill compound. I spent the morning in human interaction. Everything that could go wrong did. The only exercise I got at the gym was walking in from my truck and back out again. That, and complaining about my locker breaking - twice. The good news is, I didn't have to go out in the lobby wrapped in only a towel and a dignified poise. I saw it coming this time and was able to wear clothes.

But this afternoon was even more fun. I am working on some outside wiring so I don't have to drag my generator across a hill for 150' in snow and ice when the power goes out. The temperature has been in the high 20s much of the day, with a cheery breeze blowing from 12-25 mph. And I have been outside in my newly modified and not so well insulated body. Add to that my coat is a lot bigger than it used to be - or really, it is the same size. It just seems bigger since I am smaller in diameter now. So the wind blows up to it and up through it, relieving me of what little body heat I have.

I can hardly wait until Mrs. LittleBill gets home. For the past 32 plus years, she has treated me like her own thermal pile. I have freezer burns on my back from hands and feet placed there over the years. But now, the tide has turned. Positions have been reversed. She doesn't like it. Not one bit. The first cold night we had, I cuddled up to her in bed. Then, just as she has done to me so many times, I gently placed my corpse like hand on her warm body. I think the neighbors heard her scream. My ears rang for several hours. "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!?!?!?!" I believe that is what she said. It is hard to remember. I was in a daze for a little while.

Revenge is a dish best served cold, and that goes for cold hands and feet. If no one ever hears from me again, they were probably too cold.

LOL - we installed a whole house generator in 2011. Best investment ever. We live in the country and appear to be the last place they restore power after town and city residents. Our propane generator has ran 5 days solid before.

Had lapband surgery 10/12/16

@@Treadmillwalker we're in the country too, but a main trunk goes right in front of our house. We've never been out more than 48 hours, and that was in Hurricane Isabel back in '03.

We have a 19th century approach to this stuff. For short stints, the generator will keep the house warm and the food cold. We have an outhouse, a hand pumped well, and an outbuilding (now squirrel free) where we could live for an extended period of time without electricity. A whole house generator would cost us 10 times what we spent for our current setup, and all those lights on would only draw the neighbors.

I love @@LittleBill post????☺????

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using the BariatricPal App

I love you.

Sent from my SM-G935V using the BariatricPal App

@@LittleBill your posts are so fun to read!! I am literally giggling in the middle of the night (it's almost 3AM in Poland). As for cold joints, I've been getting to bed later than my significant other recently, so I just stick my cold feet to his calves when he's asleep. Then it doesn't bother him at all! :):):)

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using the BariatricPal App

@@LittleBill your posts are so fun to read!! I am literally giggling in the middle of the night (it's almost 3AM in Poland). As for cold joints, I've been getting to bed later than my significant other recently, so I just stick my cold feet to his calves when he's asleep. Then it doesn't bother him at all! :):) :)

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using the BariatricPal App

So, it's an international problem, eh? ;-)

@@Treadmillwalker we're in the country too, but a main trunk goes right in front of our house. We've never been out more than 48 hours, and that was in Hurricane Isabel back in '03.

We have a 19th century approach to this stuff. For short stints, the generator will keep the house warm and the food cold. We have an outhouse, a hand pumped well, and an outbuilding (now squirrel free) where we could live for an extended period of time without electricity. A whole house generator would cost us 10 times what we spent for our current setup, and all those lights on would only draw the neighbors.

@@LittleBill we installed it in 2011 when the Midwest flooded. It has been a blessing. Love your humor.

Had lapband surgery 10/12/16

@@LittleBill

I have to chuckle....while surfing the site, I am watching an old episode of grey's anatomy. The song, baby its cold outside was on as i looked at your post!

And....its only 16 fun loving degrees here in Pewaukee, WI. It is friggin cold in here!

omg I laughed so hard at ur post that my husband asked what I was laughing at so I read it to him and he laughed. It takes a lot to make him laugh. Lol. And ur lucky we loose electric a lot and already for over two weeks. We have our generator wired into our home to run our entire house at the flip of a switch. We did this after going over two weeks without electric one winter.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

And here I thought it was freezing over here in California at 67 degrees hehehe!

This was too funny! thanks a lot!