Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mexico surgery alone

Thete will be soo many Americans there going through the same thing. Your driver will pick you up at airport, most likely other patients too. Get to know this group. You will meet others at the hotel too. These people will be your support network while there. You will be ok. Make sure you walk the halls, as instructed post op. I still keep im touch with some in the group I met. I had surgery in Mexico Oct 3. My dr. was Dr. Cabrera. Awesome! You might find a,slight language barrier with some nurses. Just a few. The staff are awesome. Good luck and keep me posted. Whos your dr.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using the BariatricPal App

I went to Mexico with a companion but would have been ok alone. There were two women who had surgery on the same day as me and they were traveling alone. My surgery center arranged for pick up from the airport, transport and checking at the hotel, transport to the surgery site, overnight stay at the surgery site, transport back to the hotel and transport back to the airport. At the hotel they arranged for meals and Snacks. There was very little time on my own -- just when I was at the hotel for sleeping. Whenever I had to go someplace I was with someone from the surgery center.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I did it by myself in Tijuana, Pompeii Surgical. It was a bit different, but the staff was great, very friendly, and they always had a translator available for a couple of the nurses. It can be a tad scary just because I couldn't speak their language. The doctor spoke perfect English, so that put me at ease. I questioned some of their nurse practices because they weren't the same as here.

Get off the pain meds as quickly as possible. I was on narcotics and anti-nausea, but the anti-nausea didn't work while I was on narcotics for pain. I asked them to withhold the pain meds and the nausea went away very quickly. I felt very good after that. I haven't had to take any pain meds since. One of the gals there the same day as me was off pain meds 4 hrs after surgery, her recovery went better than mine sine she went off the pain meds so much sooner.

I would suggest you bond very quickly with one of the other patients there so you can be each other's support. Good luck and speedy recovery!

Sleeve date: 21 Nov 2016

Height: 4'10"

SW:190

GW: 125

I'm also scheduled for Vazquez at Tijuana Bariatrics on the 27th; also alone (and flying in from afar).

Sent from my 401SO using the BariatricPal App

I promise there will be others feeling the same way. After surgery, DO walk the halls good for your recovery,its dr.s orders, and gives you the chance to visit with others. Encourage one another.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using the BariatricPal App