Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey everyone

Just wanted to introduce myself. I am a 24 year old Nanny who works full time in Maine and am originally from massachusetts. I have been looking into lapband for the past year and just started the paper work journey. Unforunetly, so far my luck has been AWFUL. I have gotten NO where, as they believe I dont need the surgary and are doing everything (including making FAKE appointments for me) to keep me from getting it done. This is a little bit more about me...

I have lost 3 children to miscarriage my son the longest pregnancy at 13 weeks. After that I was dx with PCOS and have suffered from insulin resistance (way to close to diabetes at 24 for me), and the worst mood swings and hormone inbalance you can think of! I am 5'7 and weigh in now at 254. I am SO unhappy with myself. My ob is more invovled in my life than my normal Primary as she deals with those parts more I guess, she is 110% supportive of my getting the surgary and told me within 10 years I could be full blown diabetes as well as dead within 20 because the PCOS is keeping me from losing weight on my own and keeping it off. Not only that the thought, the sheer thought of NEVER having children, breaks BREAKS my heart and I have all I can do with my previous losses which completely broke me and my ex up. So here are these doctors that are making it way hard on me...

I have checked with 3 different places that do it and they are all doing the same thing to me I swear. One place I know for sure, I just found out they made a FAKE appointment for me, and the other place, wants 750 dollars to even START the process!! And its NOT covered by any insurance! When I asked what it was for, she said "Paperwork and so you can access our website!!!!" WHAT - who has THAT job. Anyways thats a little bit about me.

If I have to somehow PAY for this surgary I am getting it done...I need it and am NOT willing to give in that quick....But for now it just eats me away!!! ;)

Thanks so much for listening to me moan, hopefully I will get somewhere SOON!!

Heather

Hey Heather, your story is sad, but I am glad to hear you are not giving up. I have waited 10 months so far, and now only have 7 1/2 weeks until surgery - similar stats to you.... but at 5'4 I'm a bit rounder!! I am a Day Care Mum in Australia, a bit like a nanny - only they go home!!! I do have 3 daughters myself, and my husband works away..... I am borderline PCOS, and have insulin resistance also, with a big,fatty liver to boot!! So damn - it's time for us!! we give so much of our selves to others, it's time to stand up and say "how about me" You go girl!! Have you Googled "lapband surgery" to see what else is out there..... the more info you have the better armed you will be........ Good luck, and moan again if you need to..... Cheers Karen

Heather-

I am also in Maine. I am 22 and I was bordering on hypertension before I had the LapBand done. Where are you located in Maine?

Thank you so much to both of you!!

Its been a tough road and im hoping to continue on this and get it done.

Shleb - I am in Brunswick...where are you located? Like I said I just moved here and know NO one...it stinks....

Hi there.

I am in Machias, which is wayyyy downeast in Maine. I am 2 hours from Bangor and that's where I had my LapBand done. They have an excellent Surgical Weight Loss Program there and the staff is awesome. I had Dr Michelle Toder of Northeast Surgery and she is excellent. I am not really sure how far you are from Bangor, but I do the 2 hour drive for all my stuff and it's not too bad.