Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm in deep doodoo

I'm so frustrated with myself because I have gained 10 lbs in 3 weeks! I was in a motorcycle accident and I have broken ribs, a sprained shoulder, bone bruises,and a hemotoma on my lung. Very lucky to have minimal injuries. Problem is that I am craving carbs. I'm still in quite a bit of pain and very stressed. My next appointment with my NUT is in a couple of weeks. Help! Anyone have this issue before? (Hopefully not with a motorcycle)

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

So sorry. Just try to get well and do the best that you can. I am sure you will get back on track!! Have a speedy recovery!!!

Try getting run over by a tractor. That's what happened to me about 3 years postop. Broken pelvis and femur, too much bruising to even list. Too much pain to even think about. Not to mention the depression from feeling useless and dependant in others. I was in the hospital for weeks and then a wheelchair and Walker at home for a couple months. I gained 15 pounds eating hospital food but didn't realize it because of all the swelling. As soon as I figured out what was happening, I refused all the carbs the hospital was serving and had my hubby smuggle in custom meals of straight Protein and veggies. I even spent a couple weeks on Protein shakes and finally got rid of the regain. What I ate was one of the few things I felt I had control over during that time.

I see you are preop, so I'm not sure what motivates you, but for me, at 3 years postop and enjoying being a normal size person was what did it for me. There was NO WAY I was going to buy the next size up jeans, so I just did whatever it took to get back down to my normal size. I guess you need to get it straight in your head why you are doing what you are doing and make it happen. don't let a silly little motorcycle accident get in your way ;)