Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today my weight dropped to 75kg (165 Ibs). I was told that at 74kg (162.8 Ibs) I'd be a success.

I am now 10kg (22 Ibs) away from my goal weight, and 15kg (33 Ibs) away from my stretch goal of 60kg (132 Ibs).

It is amazing to see how sugar caused few stalls, and even a little gain in the past.

Since I stopped eating ice-cream and frozen yoghurt, and sticking to the food plan, suddenly my weight is peeling off again.

It is like my body can't process sugar and stores it as fat instead.
So, I have to be mindful constantly of what I put in my mouth.
The sugar and its bad effects will never change. If I eat sugary food, I put on weight, if I don't eat it, I lose weight.
So this will be lifelong process for me ....

Happy to say though that melons and frozen berries satisfy my sugar cravings after dinner, and are a much healthier substitute.

Funny, I never used to eat much of rock melon or honey dew, now I love them :)
It is good to see the scales moving down again!
I swapped ice-cream for frozen yoghurt because I thought it was healthier and lower in calories ..... alas what started with a small serving of frozen yoghurt became larger and larger servings. It was emotional eating for me, as I had lot of stress recently, so I felt I needed a reward..... Thankfully I realised what I was doing, and went back on track, back to basics.
Basics work for me, and I have to be mindful of the Sugar Demon!

I couldn't agree more. Sugar is my kryptonite.

Yes, it is like a drug! Can't have it in small amounts as once I start, it sets up a craving .... So, going abstinent on sugar.

Only sugar from now on is from fruit. And I don't binge on fruit :)

Fortunately today there are alternative to satisfying a sweet tooth such as low calorie natural sugars such as Stevia and synthetic sugars such as Splenda and sugar alcohols. And many of these are being integrated into products that you can buy in the supermarket.

Yes, I weaned myself off Equal that was playing havoc with my blood sugar levels, and got used to Stevia.

I remember not liking Stevia years ago, but now I love it. I use it in my coffee and yoghurt.

Tonight I had few blackberries, and they were so satisfying, delicious really.

From now on I'll keep buying the frozen berries, as they taste great and don't create cravings for me :)

Yay, another Aussie.

I still eat a small sugary treat each night like a biscuit or Cadbury Furry Friend.

1st Jan I was 112kg and now I'm 77. I believe 78kg was my surgeon's goal (80% of excess weight loss). I thought I'd be satisfied with it, but I want to keep going. I want to be able to comfortably fit into clothes off the rack in more stores.

Funnily enough I've been shedding weight quicker than anticipated lately. I thought it would have slowed down by now, but I've been averaging 4kg a month. Not that I'm complaining, because it is bound to stop soon.

@@sallo

Hi Sallo, wonderful to meet you! It is a great site for info and support.

I don't dare having any sweets anymore, as they set up a craving for me for more and more ...

I have been having melons and berries for Desserts. Tonight I had honey dew with blueberries and bit of Chobani yoghurt.

It tasted delicious. I have ran out of blackberries, so I will get more tomorrow.

Yes, lately I have been losing weight quicker myself.

From 101kg down to 75kg today.

At 74kg I was told I'd be classified as success.

I want to get back to 65kg, or stretch goal of 60kg.

Basically I want to fit back into my clothes again.

I was only obese for 2 years, had a massive, rapid weight gain. Some of it due to my auto-immune thyroid disease.

Ironically, this disease kept me slim all my life, and turned 180 degrees 2 years ago.

So, I am just very grateful that I had WLS, and can get my health and my life back.

Nice to hear from you, and best wishes with your weight loss :)