Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm getting banded tomorrow morning. I'm so excited. Does anyone have an advice or comment?

Just follow your doctors orders. Remember to take it really easy. Get up and walk, walk, walk to get rid of the gas (I am day 5 and still getting rid of it).

GOOD LUCK!

signs003%5B1%5D.gif

Good luck tomorrow! - It is a life changing experience but well worth it. Gas is the only problem I've had since being banded on 8/16 but none of the pain has been unbearable. Let us know how you did! Best of luck & congratulations for taking the step!;)

I am going in as well tomorrow. I know things will go well. It has been great reading all of the information here. It's nice to know what to expect or at least be aware of. Good Luck IFM !!4_1_3v.gifI will see all of you in band land!

new2tch

Eeek! I'm SO excited for both of you! I went in a week ago tomorrow, so I'm not far enough out to be a great advisor, but I can cheerlead because I know how good it feels to have the whole surgery ordeal BEHIND you!

Let us know how you're doing!

<p>Hi Everyone,</p> <p>I'm back home already (5PM)! Surgery started at 10:50AM and I was out by 11:30AM. I'm not in any pain but i do feel very gassy. I feel like burbing but i cant. I dont like laying down due to the gas but I walk and sit down. I dont feel hungry but very thirsty.</p> <p>Wow, I'm so happy I took the step.</p> <p>I guess i have to welcome myself to the "club" LOL</p> <p>Doctor told me to do liquids for today and tomorrow then i can do soft foods.</p> <p>Look forward to sharing more of my story as days go by.</p>

Congratulations!!! Welcome to the club! I was banded last Thursday & it does get better every day. Keep up the walking & sip on Chamomille Tea. That has gotten me through the gassy stage without too much pain. Let us know how you feel later this week!

i havent been banded yet but congratulations. i meet with my surgeon in 2 weeks so hopefully ill be in your place soon. good luck

andrea

OMG my first night banded was horrible. I usually sleep on my stomach but being a day old banded i didnt want to sleep on my stomach so i slept on my back and it was very difficult. I also felt short of breath.

How were some of u were able to sleep the first few days? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Congradulations to you. I to was banded on Monday Aug.20th. I have been doing great. Lots of walking in the house and very little gas pains. I have not been able to eat alot but I am drinking well. I have had a little diarrhea also. I know that time well help. Just keep walking and kept your self hydrated. As for the sleep position, try sleeping on the side with the least incesions. I to am a stomach sleeper and I find that sleeping on the side with the least incisions helps. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress. This is the first step to a new you...

Nulife2be

I'm getting banded tomorrow morning. I'm so excited. Does anyone have an advice or comment?

My advice is to take a set of BEFORE pictures.

Most people who are morbidly obese do not like having their picture taken. They avoid the camera because the photographs don't lie.

That fact can be put to good use before and during your weight loss. Simply put, the best way to document weight loss is not a scale graph of pounds lost, or a size chart of inches lost.

The best way to document weight loss is to take photographs before and during the process. biggrin.gif

I advise people setting out on this journey to take three initial pictures.

The recommendations that I give are these:

1. Take three views, front, side and back (That means you need a automatic timer camera or a friend to help you)

2. Take the pictures in the same place every time. A doorway is a great choice, because it helps put a known quantity into the picture. Other good places are in front of a fireplace or another known point of reference.

3. Take the pictures while wearing form-fitting clothes. A swimsuit is IDEAL.

4. Take the pictures with the same camera, and make sure you are standing the same distance from the camera every time. That's why a doorway helps. You can line yourself up in the doorway and use a measuring tape to find the distance to the camera.

5. Take that same set of pictures every month. Front, back and side views. Wear the same clothes and make sure the distance to the camera is the same.

6. Have the "Before" pictures printed out, and tape them to your refrigerator.

7. Have the latest set of pictures printed out, and tape those next to the "Before" pictures.

In doing this, you mind has irrefutable PROOF that what you are doing IS WORKING.

People frequently do NOT "See" their weight loss, and they become frustrated, perhaps by a scale weight that is not moving, even though their body size is reducing at an amazing rate.

This is a great way to "See" your weight loss.

The best way to document weight loss is to take photographs before and during the process. biggrin.gif

Hi Wendell,

Thanks for the great advice. I have been taking pictures and I will continue to take them.