Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

48 hours afterwards. Was it a mistake?

I am a mess. Home from hospital now but struggling. So many meds to take. Such a struggle to get the fluids in.

Tell me it gets better, please!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@@GinaCampbell well congrats on getting this far...don't overwhelm yourself... Organize your pills into when your suppose to take what and figure out a plan for how you want to get the fluids in, like so many oz per hour... A little structure will help you feel more calm... Glad it went well

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them"

Einstein

Hi Gina... yes it gets so much better.... it will get easier each day.

I struggled for the first 2 weeks, and now at 5 weeks i am back to my normal self.

I struggled to drink a cup of Water in 45 mins.. now i can drink around 33oz... so yes big difference.

Try softening the Water by adding some SF flavour, lemon, mint, or fruit slices. This helped lot post op.

Hang in there... be kind to your body, you are swollen and have been cut.. so your body is stressed... but try your best to meet your daily requirements and follow your surgeon's instructions .. it will help you heal much faster.

Also, one thing that helps... is take a sip of water.. let it rest in your mouth.. and slowly swallow it... i found you get in more water that way without it causing pain. Also try different temperatures

10 days post op and trust me, I felt (feel?) the same way. I had a rough go, but today actually feel ok. You gotta keep at it!

Thanks all. I definitely had no idea what this would actually feel like. I thought I had done all my research, learned what happened after etc. Greatly shocked!

Hey Gina.. Stay strong!!! I am pre-op and from reading so many posts it seems the post-op experience is so different for everyone. Keep us updated:)

Thanks all. I definitely had no idea what this would actually feel like. I thought I had done all my research, learned what happened after etc. Greatly shocked!

Being pre-op - what do you mean? What weren't you prepared for?

I wasn't prepared for the trauma to the body. I wasn't prepared for the feeling of fighting to get one ounce of Fluid in my body at a time. The amount of meds you need post op, and Vitamins etc. The fear of vomiting. The burps that just pop out when you open your mouth to speak. Being so cold. Being so light headed. Mouth ulcers. This is serious, life altering surgery. You have to think every hour about what's next meds, Fluid, Vitamins. And never ever rush through the stages of what you put in your mouth. The stomach is so swollen initially, while healing that you must not accidentally take a pill etc. My blood pressure has now dropped to too low from two high. Just saying, this certainly caught me off guard.

Me too Gina. I thought to myself... Did I make the wrong decision. It is very hard at first. Heck it is still hard. I am 3 weeks post op. I went to my surgeons and I lost 20 lbs. that made it worth it! I cannot stand purees but I tell myself again it will be worth it. Health wise, confidence etc. This forum helps out a lot too!

After reading a lot of these it seems that everyone has the same feeling the first few days after surgery...I had those thoughts going thru my head constantly like I made a huge mistake but now 3 weeks out and down 30lbs I feels amazing and just can't wait to get on a regular diet lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using the BariatricPal App

Ladies...Our sleeved bodies are going through a major surgery and need to heal. It does not happen overnight (unfortunately). I know that it painful and that it is an emotional roller coaster , but it is worth it. Everyday you will feel a bit better and with the weight going off, you will have more energy. Think also about all the NSV (non scale victories) to come! Check the forum for them.

Take it easy, ensure Protein and Water intakes, rest. We all went through this. Take care.

I live alone and have no help so things are much harder I suppose. But right now, I wish I could turn back the clock x