Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's not always easy to put yourself out there...

Hello. I'm new to Bariatric Pal and am so grateful to have found this site. I am just starting the process to get the sleeve and would love to have a few pals to go through this with. I'm 100% sure I'm going to have the surgery. I just don't know the when yet. I guess that's up to my insurance and surgeon. I'm only on the first step, which is a seminar about the process. I've done a lot, and I mean, a LOT of research so I don't really have any questions, (not that I'm a know it all, just a Googler.) I would just like someone to maybe message when I want to talk about the sleeve after my nonsleeve friends are looking at me with that dead "you've already said this" look in their eyes. And I want to be supportive too!

Fun facts about me:

I'm 36

No kids, want em, don't hate em

I have two cats I adore, Tony Danza and Morgan Freeman

I Like to grow tomatoes

I crochet stuffed toys, but not clothing

I'm afraid of centipedes due to one fateful evening involving one in my pants

I love cheese and will never give it up but am willing to negotiate moderation

I have a lot of weight to lose and am 100% ready to lose it and more importantly I'm working on the mental reasons I got here to begin with.

I'm friggin stoked!

sure I will support you. I went to my seminar a few weeks ago and have my first appointment with my surgeon next tuesday. My insurance requires the 6 month thing so hopefully I will get my surgery in December before the New Year. I have also done an insane amount of research. Right now I am totally addicted to youtube videos and following people's journeys. I'm trying to decide if I have the courage to post on youtube or not. I am 44 and I also don't have any kids but that is because I had to have a hysterectomy at 35 so didn't get a chance. I have two small dogs and their names are Allegra and Lunesta because I am a pharmacist.

I am headed out the door right now to go to dinner and tell a good friend about my surgery. I am almost positive she will be supportive. Wish me luck!

Welcome! Bariatric Pal is a great place to get information and find support as you go through this journey. I recently was sleeved 28 April 2016 and it was a great decision.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I am headed out the door right now to go to dinner and tell a good friend about my surgery. I am almost positive she will be supportive. Wish me luck!

Good luck! I was very nervous to tell the few people I selected to tell. They were all very supportive.

PS. Love the dog names!

you had me at "Centipede in my pants" !!

Hey Kitty!

I am fairly new to this too but I have done similar research using my top notch Google search skills! I do have a surgery date - June 22! Excited! I do have 3 children, mostly grown...2 in college & one graduated from college last year. Also, 2 'almost' step-sons...19 & 21. I have been very very selective in who I talk to about WLS. I have a job that is fairly high profile and they don't need to know anything other than I am working hard to lose weight & get healthy!

Would love a few WLS friends to 'chat' with!!

Moe

Hello. I'm new to Bariatric Pal and am so grateful to have found this site. I am just starting the process to get the sleeve and would love to have a few pals to go through this with. I'm 100% sure I'm going to have the surgery. I just don't know the when yet. I guess that's up to my insurance and surgeon. I'm only on the first step, which is a seminar about the process. I've done a lot, and I mean, a LOT of research so I don't really have any questions, (not that I'm a know it all, just a Googler.) I would just like someone to maybe message when I want to talk about the sleeve after my nonsleeve friends are looking at me with that dead "you've already said this" look in their eyes. And I want to be supportive too!

Fun facts about me:

I'm 36

I Like to grow tomatoes

I have a lot of weight to lose and am 100% ready to lose it and more importantly I'm working on the mental reasons I got here to begin with.

I'm friggin stoked!

Hi, it's nice to meet you!

I am 46

I have 7 kids. don't hate em, glad they don't all live at home anymore

I have a dog and a cat

I grow herbs and tomatoes on my deck

I like to quilt, sew and crochet, smock and embroider

I do not like centipedes. or any other creepy crawly

I love cheese too! oh. don't get me started!

looking forward to seeing your updates as you go through the process.

edited because I had a birthday and forgot I am 47 now. :D

Hi Guys, I just got home from my dinner. I told my friend and not only was she extremely supportive, I found out that she has had several family members and friends that have had some type of weight loss surgery. Some have had success and some haven't. She is going to put me in touch with 2 friends that live near me that had the surgery within the past 2 years and are doing well. I've only known her for a couple of years so she was kind of a test friend. I've told 2 out of 3 of my really close friends and they have been really supportive. I do tend to be really good at convincing people of things. I've been told more than once that I should have been a lawyer. I am good at stating my case. The other 2 friends that i told were against weight loss surgery in general until I explained why I wanted to have it and talked about the whole process and the procedure. Now they are on my side. I only have 1 other close friend to go. She is one that I am kind of worried about but now that I have so much other support, I actually don't care.

Fun facts about me:
I'm 36
I Like to grow tomatoes
I'm friggin stoked!

Good for you! Sounds like you're in the right place mentally and all my docs said that was the most important thing. I just had my sleeve on February 1st 2023. I feel great, happy, thrilled even. [emoji1] you will too! Attitude will take you places. I've had more surgeries than most think about (in a family) and that has always been my go to. Do what it takes to get you where you have to be! Not would like to be, but HAVE to be. Use attitude. And congrats on your decision!

Sent from my SM-S901U using BariatricPal mobile app