Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 Week 1 Day Post-Op...Down 35 pounds

I had to do the pre liquid diet for a week and a half and lost 21 pounds before I got on the table. Since surgery on July 31st I am down 35 Pounds.

I regretted it the day before...the day of...and 2 days later. The pain is subsiding and I am starting to feel like a normal person again. I was out and didnt have shakes or anything with me so I got a Fat-Free/No Sugar Added Cherry Ice Cream Cone. Its 97 degrees and I had to lick for all I was worth. 3 minutes later I was already FULL. I threw out almost the whole thing. It still baffles me that you eat so little but are full like you were at an all you can eat buffet.

Next Monday I go to Mooshies. Im really glad I did this. I went out and rewarded myself with a new surfboard. 30 more pounds and Ill be in OC, NJ surfing again after not touching a board for 12 years!!!!!!!! It hangs for inspiration! Well...thats my update. I like hearing how people are doing day by day. It helped me know what to expect so I am trying to contribute.

Hello,

I just got banded on Friday. It seems to be going well. I have not weighed myself, so I have no idea how much weight I have lost.

I too regretted the day before and can't say that I am done regretting. I have not had any bad experiences, but I kinda miss food and am a little grumpy. I too took a lick of frozen youghurt and was full... HOW CRAZY.

Sounds like you are doing great :-). Hope it all works out well...

I am a runner (I have always worked out even at my heaviest) and the lack of excersise is really bumming me out. I injured my ankle (probably due to my weight) while training for a half marathon last year. I have not gotten back in the groove since. So today, I went on raceplace.com and decided to start trainig for a short race in November. I hope that I will be up and running (so to speak) soon. I am still fairly sore...

That is my update for today :-)

Hello,

I just got banded on Friday. It seems to be going well. I have not weighed myself, so I have no idea how much weight I have lost.

I too regretted the day before and can't say that I am done regretting. I have not had any bad experiences, but I kinda miss food and am a little grumpy. I too took a lick of frozen youghurt and was full... HOW CRAZY.

Sounds like you are doing great :-). Hope it all works out well...

I am a runner (I have always worked out even at my heaviest) and the lack of excersise is really bumming me out. I injured my ankle (probably due to my weight) while training for a half marathon last year. I have not gotten back in the groove since. So today, I went on raceplace.com and decided to start trainig for a short race in November. I hope that I will be up and running (so to speak) soon. I am still fairly sore...

That is my update for today :-)

I am very active myself...biking, fishing, kayaking. Im bummed because God knows when I will be able to lift my Yak (80lbs) to put on the jeep and in the Water. The sacrifice is worth it. Good Luck to you! A marathon....I couldnt even imagine! Thats awesome!

Hello there,

I am sure you will be up and going in no time! You have already lost 35lbs!! That is awsome!!! :-)

How is everything else going, do you miss chewing food? I certainly do and I am only a week out...