Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need some support

I had VSG 07/2011. I lost 105 lbs over 8 months, and plateaued around 2/2012. Well, about 1.5 years ago, I started putting on weight and have put in about 30 lbs.

My eating is out of control. I eat all of the time. I eat till it hurts. My willpower does not seem to exist. I have forgotten all of the tools I once used.

So, I could use your help in getting back on track.

Thank you for your time.

Desertdoc.

Hello there. This is a tough journey and is never over. My best suggestion would be to stop where you are now. Go get some of the Protein drinks you used when you were first out of hospital and for a good 5-7 days do Protein and water/non carbonated non caloric beverages only. If you are consuming alcohol, carbonated beverages, etc., you will need to make a committed effort to stop so you can turn this around. Just my .02. I found that when I could eat more, if I went back to liquids for a few days and as low carb as possible, the restriction was such that it was a great help. Also keeping carbs as low as possible really curbs the desire to eat, at least for me, anyway. I wish you well on this journey!

Kim

Well, you took the first and most important step by admitting you need help.

Do you have a NUT and a therapist? This would be a great time to make an appointment to talk to both and talk about your challenges and goals.

In the meantime, go back to basics.

Follow your program,

Track, weigh, and measure your food.

Make sure you are getting at least 64 oz of Fluid a day.

Make sure you are reaching your Protein target every day.

Avoid starches, added sugars (especially high fructose corn syrup), and fried foods.

Take your Vitamins and supplements as directed.

And, exercise.

Here is a link to a post I made a few days ago about how I get back on track when I find myself dangerously slipping away. It works really well for me. Good luck to you!

http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/364228-im-having-cravings-and-snackinghelp/#entry4115707

Start food-logging again...hold yourself accountable for every bite and every sip. It all 'sinks in' when we see every bite & sip written down and accounted for...it makes us 'own it all' & be responsible for nourishing and hydrating ourselves responsibly.

Don't forget the Golden WLS Rule: Never mix fluids and foods! Separate them...just like back in your old days!

You'll be back on track in no time. =)

Best of luck to you taking charge of things again! [[[[[ hugs ]]]]]

Edited by karen091866

Thank you everyone. I really liked the post about the carb cleanse. And to answer another posters question, I do have a call into my nutritionist, and I should hear back today.

Today, I brought lunch, a Lunchable, and veggie stir-fry. Best guess is I have about 550 calories for Breakfast and lunch, and I am going to do my best not to snack or buy any chips, Cookies, soda etc ad nauseum, LOL.

Methinks, I lack in willpower area. Sigh.

Thank you again,

Desertdoc

Well, I did eat crap food, but I was happy to eat my stir fry with asparagus, pea pods and pineapple. I put off eating crap, for 2 hours after starting work, but in the end it remained the same. Ugh, carb addiction, sucks. But will work on the carb cleanse starting this weekend so I have time to focus and dedicate to starting it right.

Desertdoc,

I think I would be wise to look at why your eating. It's not hunger (we know addiction is a factor) but I know for myself, and people I've worked with, eating fills another void. The carbs do release dopamine and make you feel good and there is a physical addiction, I know, but usually there's an underlying emotional, spiritual or mental one. Also, I eat more when my Iron or Vitamin D is low because it's a pick me up and I'm otherwise tired. Jus some food for thought ;)